College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Roadmap to Rebuild: Chris Ash Writes Article for SI's Campus Rush

+7 HS
BuckeyeIn NY's picture
August 25, 2016 at 1:01pm
16 Comments

Chris Ash has written an article for Campus Rush detailing the changes he's made so far at Rutgers.  Talks about many of Urban's principles and how he is laying the foundation for success at Rutgers.  

http://www.campusrush.com/chris-ash-rutgers-scarlet-knights-football-1986335299.html

Few highlights from the article:

We've undergone a $1.65 million overhaul of the weight room, added a nutrition program and modeled our recruiting operation after Ohio State. 

When you walk around our facility, a lot of the program feels like Ohio State. That's where I came from last, serving two years as defensive coordinator under Urban Meyer before taking the Rutgers job. And while a lot of our structure, attitude and approach comes from my experience there, we don't have the same facilities and resources as Ohio State.

Urban Meyer's philosophy was that we wouldn't recruit a player unless he had the potential to be a first-round NFL draft pick. We're not there yet here at Rutgers.

We're big into the philosophy of shared suffering, as it's a key to changing behavior and making it sustainable.

Decent read if you have the time.  I hope Chris Ash is very successful at Rutgers, other than on October 1st.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments