College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Penn State is *poop emoji*

+5 HS
Buckeye-in-pitt's picture
July 23, 2016 at 7:48pm
104 Comments

RANT: I hate Penn State. For a multitude of reasons. Nothing is more infuriating to me than hearing JoeBots speak. No fan base has more empty pride than Penn State's. Penn State has all the look of a national football powerhouse. Big stadium, big school, iconic uniforms, some tradition and a nationally recognized student section. That's great, good for them. I don't have a problem with any of that. What fires me up is that all those bells and whistles makes some of their fans think that they are of the Ohio State's Alabama's and Florida State's of the world. I've also heard that Penn State is straight disrespectful to opposing fans traveling to Happy Valley. Again, trash talk is part of the romance of college football but I've heard from more than one place that Penn State crosses the line. I remember a story line from a few years ago about their fans throwing bottles of piss at the players... Oh and my ex girlfriend goes to Penn State and she sucks. Anytime her school loses is a win for me.

Penn State has their place, it's just not glamorous as I think they like to think it is. I don't hate them because of Sandusky or JoePoop. While that situation was beyond out-of-control, hating them for an eternity because of a scandal that happened a few years ago seems lame.  

This will probably spark the debate over whether Penn State is a rival or not. I would place them at the same level of rivalry as Michigan State. We play 'em every year, they give us a good game every year, and occasionally come out on top. But we still don't really give them the title of rivals because that is designated to TTUN. I think my hate of Penn State personal, as I've grown up surrounded by fans that thinks their team is better than it actually is. 

Oh and this

EDIT 7/26: And this

EDIT 10/16: Since it's Penn State week I thought I would go ahead and update this thread. GET A LOAD OF THIS: 

You can probably imagine the kind of delusional this video's creator is. And IMO, he is representative of a (large) percentage of Penn State fans. Seriously, the people that are walking into Beaver Stadium next weekend think like this. Crying about a game that happened two years ago and blaming the refs is so Penn State. So typical. 

I am impatiently awaiting the game next week, we should blow them out. Penn State lost to Pitt week two in a huge game in Pennsylvania, I took great satisfaction in that. Also, Penn State thought it was appropriate to honor beloved former head coach Joepa before their home game week 3. That was nothing short of maniacal and shockingly tone-deaf, but here read this.

As for the ex, we spoke once after that game week 3, I was curious to what the Joepa thing was like. She told me that it was "beautiful" and everyone loved it. So she's a JoeBot now. Ugh I can't wait until we blow them out. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments