College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

B1G Members: Boot 1, Pick Up 1

0 HS
I BLEED SCARLET's picture
July 13, 2016 at 9:36am
128 Comments

Given the current make-up of the B1G Conference, if you were the commissioner and could boot a member, while picking up another member --- who would be your trade?

I'd go with Penn State because they're an embarrassment, and they don't really offer anything basketball-wise. The other team I consider is Rutgers, much like Penn State on the latter.

Also, both Penn State and Rutgers have always felt like Big East teams to me. They just seem out of place in the Big Ten, maybe it's just me though.

I would add Louisville. They are very strong in both programs, it could would create a nice secondary regional rival. Also, visiting Louisville can be a lot better than visiting Piscataway, New Jersey.

I get that the television ratings market isn't great. But, I'm looking at this hypothetical from more of a football/basketball & regional perspective more than tv ratings, academics, or anything else. I would also consider Pitt, being that they're not far from Columbus are consistently above average in both sports.

So, for me...

Out: Penn State or Rutgers

In: Louisville or Pitt

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 128 Comments