College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Calipari takes shot at Coach K over recruiting tactics

+3 HS
westcampus's picture
May 9, 2016 at 5:42pm
52 Comments

Interesting dust-up between Calipari and Coach K in the below link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/114968/viewsfromthesidelines-john-calipari-takes-a-shot-at-mike-krzyzewski

The basic summary: while Kentucky may offer a quick path to the NBA (and no doubt some cash), Duke promises recruits they will be "set for life."

I've often felt Duke cheats much more than Kentucky in basketball -- and since Coach K is a sacred cow this will never come out -- but it's not hard to imagine the lives of former Duke players being very, very easy. Kentucky, on the other hand, I assume is cheating like crazy too, but I think their "boosters" would be quick to turn on former players. Nobody knows for sure, of course, but there's consistently a lot of smoke around the Duke basketball program.

I'd be curious to know what OSU's football sales pitch is closer to out of these two choices. I feel like we're sort of the Kentucky of college football -- sorry, but I actually mean that as a compliment -- so I lean towards the latter.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments