College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

recruiting psu coach checks into my hotel

+2 HS
URBANDYNASTY's picture
April 20, 2016 at 11:43am
50 Comments

Penn State co-defensive coordinator Tim Banks checked into my hotel in Blue Ash, Ohio last just outside of cincy last night, said he was in town recruiting but couldn't tell me who he was recruiting. He did give me some really cool information as far as the state of the big ten. According to Coach Banks the B1G as a whole is trying to come up with new ways to pull talent from the south and have more of a national recruiting approach, as most of the B1G has always recruited locally, at least for the most part. He said the NCAA is looking over their ruling of the banned satellite camps but couldn't tell me anything else as far as plans for the B1G. It was really cool to hear firsthand though from a B1G coach though. I asked him what he thought of the hairball up north and said that's what the B1G needs. I disagree personally but he said we need all the publicity, headlines etc..that we can get. Everything is SEC football this SEC football that and somehow you have to change the narrative. Anyways I thought this was pretty cool and wanted to share my experience! 

P.s. I asked him what he thought about PA defensive back Lamont Wade and all he said was a quick "shyew" as if to say it's going to be a dog fight all the way through. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments