College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

B1G Expansion Rumors - April 2016 Edition

+4 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture
April 17, 2016 at 9:05pm
81 Comments

The link below is to an article that came out last week. Seems like a lot of the smoke is coming from twitter user Bluevodreal, sadly a _ichigan fan/insider. There isn't a whole lot of new info here but instead of the Oklahoma/Kansas/maybe Texas, Big 12-centric rumors that were going around a month or two ago; this article mostly focuses on the ACC. It suggests that a package of FSU/GaTech/UVA/UNC/Duke/ND are all negotiating with the B1G and their timeline for an announcement is this summer.

While I have long been a fan of expansion, at some point, I like OSU playing traditional B1G teams; though I would be fine if we never played Indiana or Purdue in football ever again. This would put us to 20 teams which would likely result in the conference breaking down into four pods of 5 teams that rotate annually or biennially.

Testudo Times

https://twitter.com/bluevodreal

P.S. - note down in the commentary of the Testudo Times article, our very own Scarlet Lutefisk drops knowledge on the Terp faithful.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 81 Comments