College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

OU plays Houston week 1 next season

0 HS
DWright's picture
January 12, 2016 at 3:18pm
26 Comments

I was looking at Oklahoma's 2016 schedule to see who they play before we travel there. Here's what they have:

9/3/2016 - at Houston (NRG Stadium - where the Texans play)

9/10/2016 Univ. Louisiana Monroe

9/17/2016 - Our Buckeyes

Interesting to me because there is a real possibility that Houston beats them in that first game. If that were to happen, the Sooners vs. Buckeyes matchup would still be a primetime affair I'm sure, but it may lose some luster. Conversely, if Houston does pull the upset, then OU could hypothetically be playing for their CFP lives against us, you have to think 2-losses in the Big12 would be fatal to their chances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I am fairly sure that Houston will get their QB Greg Ward Jr. back for his senior season next year, and we saw what he just did to FSU.

In any case, I rooted for Houston and coach Herman in every game they played this past season, but I am unsure how to approach this one. From a Buckeye fan perspective, a quality win vs. a top-10 ranked team in their home early in the season could create a lot of good early momentum for our young team.

I'd be interested to see what Urban will take from the UH vs OU game when considering his gameplan.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments