College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

So Why Was Oklahoma a No Doubt CFP Pick Over OSU? 6-8 Team Playoff Reassessment

0 HS
lljjgg's picture
December 31, 2015 at 7:26pm
93 Comments

It seemed like the CFP committee was sold on Oklahoma for several weeks before the final pick, and weren't going to move off of them regardless. I'm not saying Oklahoma is a bad team, but I don't understand the argument for Oklahoma as a no doubt choice over OSU, the way it seemed to be in the media as of the moment OSU lost to MSU. Oklahoma were conference champions by default of a conference with no conference championship. They lost to a 5-7 team. Their statement wins were over teams playing with 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

Not trying to be play the disrespect card or cry over spilled milk (though I am haha), but is there anyone who feels that Oklahoma is legitimately a better team than Ohio State this year? Is there anyone who feels OSU wouldn't have at least a 50/50 shot against every team in the final 4? If there was ever a year that screamed for the need of a 6 or 8 team playoff, this was it. Not to mention the quality TCU team that got left out last year.

At what point does pressure begin to mount for expansion? I don't see a legitimate reason for why TCU wasn't in the CFP last year, or OSU wasn't in it this year. TCU was easily a better team than the FSU team that got in last year, OSU is arguably a better team than the Oklahoma team that got in this year. Wasn't the CFP about putting the best 4 teams in? Don't think we've gotten that either year, frankly. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 93 Comments