College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

UCLA vs. Nebraska Tonight

0 HS
RBurgundy4's picture
December 26, 2015 at 2:37pm
72 Comments

Happy Day After Christmas to all 11-Dubbers!
Tonight, UCLA and Nebraska will face off in something called the Foster Farms Bowl and I'm reasonably certain that few who visit this site gives a crap. However, I, for one, am jonesing badly for some CFB action and the rest of today's slate looks pretty dreadful. There's an NFL game tonight between the Skins and the Iggles, but both teams are horrible and it's a shame that one of them has to win. Plus, the NFL generally sucks, and I find it exceedingly difficult to watch, primarily due to the ridiculous number and nature of penalties. Unwatchable trash, IMO.

With that, I will be watching UCLA & Neb and rooting tepidly for UCLA. Normally I would pull for the B1G team in such a circumstance, but I still think Neb fired Pelini for all of the wrong reasons and thus deserve to wallow in sub-mediocrity for a while. Plus, I actually like Mora, where I know that others may not. He got a raw deal in Atlanta several years ago. UCLA took 2 massive hits on defense very early on this year when they lost both Vanderdoes and then Jack for the season due to injury. They have a terrific Freshman QB who is worth watching. Plus, I don't like USC and therefore will pull for UCLA so that it helps them to have the presitigious Foster Farms trophy in their case when recruits visit. 

WIll any of you watch and, if so, where does your rooting interest lie, if any at all?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments