College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Consistently Overrated CFB Teams

0 HS
RBurgundy4's picture
December 10, 2015 at 1:17pm
79 Comments

While preseason polls are certainly an inexact exercise, and completely useless IMO, I do find it interesting to go back to the opening polls or magazine / internet predictions at season's end to refresh my memory of which teams were highly regarded, once upon a time. As the Bucks prepare for the Fiesta Bowl, I feel that ND is one of the most consistently overrated teams in College Football year in, year out. I wanted to check the pulse of 11W and find which teams you think fit that description.
For the sake of discussion I'll ask to go back no further that the last 25 years, since the 1990 season. (That, too, is interesting. Remember when Colorado was a National Power? That actually happened.) Consistency is the key word. For example, this season Auburn was ranked 6 in the AP and was right around there for most publications, but I'm not sure if that happens very frequently with them. Maybe you feel that is does. So, without simply saying "SEC", please, throw out a couple of schools that you think fit the description of Consistently Overrated and we'll see if we can find a way to crown a Champion. Or something like that. Just like preseason polls. 

My Top Three: 1.USC (California), 2. ND and 3. UGA

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments