College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Would you change the current divisional set-up?

0 HS
Deacon's picture
November 29, 2015 at 2:33pm
19 Comments

I would, and here's one suggestion.

IMO, the primary goal of conference divisions should be balance. I truly don't have a probelm with OSU missing the CCG this year, but do have issue with the real possibility of the continuing stacked deck in the east. What I'd like to see:

Fluid divisions selected annually based on that year's performance and taking into account things like returning starters and expected strength. You release it on BTN. You could spend the entire winter talking about matchups, who got hosed, and who has the easiest path to the championship game. Obviously, you also keep certain match ups for certain teams. 

Under the current system, geography is a real problem. So is not being able to play B10 west teams on a regular basis. And I believe there's also a desire in most eastern teams to stay in the east because of match-ups and recruiting. I believe fluid divisions would eliminate all of that and generate a lot of interest nationally. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments