College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Losing Effect: That Team // The Game

Matt Gutridge's picture
November 28, 2015 at 7:49pm
28 Comments
Scoreboard

Note: This is written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. The fans of Our Rivals continue to educate us.

Go here for previous editions of The Losing Effect: That Team 

NoHow much longer will they put up with the "crazy" act? Another loss like this to Ohio State next year and Harbaugh might lose a lot of his support. 

The men so blue are having another meltdown after yet another loss to Ohio State. I have posted some of the gems from the post game post on mgoblog.com so you don't have to read all 240+ posts. 

The spelling and words are theirs. It is difficult, but I will not correct their spelling and grammatical errors. 

FALSE HOPE // THE DELUSIONAL

MI Expat NY

Take a step back.  They have potentially a dozen nfl draft picks leaving.  We may not have any if Butt and Lewis stay (please stay!).  That talent flip alone is going to equalize things a good bit.  Another year of this staff should devolop the talent Hoke did bring in.  I think we'll be damn good next year.

Sorry Expat, but the players replacing the NFL draft picks will also be NFL draft picks. Expect the beatings to continue.

Templeton Peck...

9-3 is a GREAT first season of what will hopefully be decades with Jim Harbaugh. Too many dropped passes by wide receivers, too many missed tackles by linebackers and some bad penalties. Definitely not outcoached. 

Can you imagine calling 9-3 a great season? I dread the day those words are accepted from Ohio State fans.

ducksterstepnou...

Surely there is no god

God is an Ohio State fan.If there is, it is obvious which team is favored.

Jhodak

Hoke said he would not have roughed the punter.

You're correct. He would have thrown gravy on the punter and tried to eat him.

BLAME/ATTACK THE PLAYERS AND COACHES

pdgoblue25

Joe Bolden, it seems that you really try hard I appreciate that, but you're one of the worst linebackers I have ever watched.

It always looks good when you insult your team's players.

denardogasm

The LBs suck and we played to stop them with our LBs.

worstever

Total horseshit...we got out coached and I hang that totally on Durkin...you have to make OSU pass and he didn't adjust. Saying this guy is some sort of defensive guru is a farce.

#FireTimBeckDurkin

StraightDave

UM has too many slow-ass Michigan kids who simply can't compete.

John Cooper is that you?

REALISTS

HollywoodHokeHogan

Is there a power program that has been worse in rivalry games in the last decade than Michigan? I can't think of one. To be honest, hasn't been real fun to be a Michigan football fan for a long while.

ElliottSorry Mr. HollywoodHokeHogan, I can't think of one. Your team is now 1-9 over the last ten. Pathetic.

Coach Schiano

hard to see us winning this game for a while, unfortunately.
why couldn't they shit the bed this week instead of last????

ijohnb

Is my biggest issue trying to come to terms with this. The disparity between the two teams today was eye opening. That is a long term fix. 5-7 years. Not 1 or 2.

ijonb appears to have a firm grasp of reality and the state of his team. Unfortunately for him this quote can be used every year.

alum96

MSU dominated OSU in the trenches.  OSU dominated UM in the trences.   You win if you win the trenches.

Big Brown Jug

This is a 7-5 squad that caught some breaks.

The truth.

nathugh23

in the future maybe Harbaugh should have a bit more focus during the year on the rival who is STILL light years ahead.

You mean going to Schembechler's grave and smashing a buckeye didn't help you win?

Bordon Gerenson

This was sad because this was a pretty good Michigan team. Amazing that OSU has our number so bad that they can throttle one of our best teams of the last devade

I'm not sure what a devade is, but your team lost to Ohio State nine times over the last decade.

Wolvie3758

This is a setback a big setback...not losing but HOW we lost ...It always seem like the OSU players want this game more

I think you've felt this way before.

OldBluVa

These programs are still worlds apart.

Yes, yes they are.

KC Wolve

No scheme makes up for the difference in talent between the 2 teams.

I believe the teams are worlds apart.

cGOBLUEm

Today was a RichRodesque performance. I hope Harbaugh and Co. are utterly embarrassed. Unacceptable.

Ouch.

RobM_24

The talent gap was absurd. Peppers is a stud athlete, but he just looked like another guy when mixed in with OSU's athletes.

I thought Peppers could do everything...

MIGHTYMOJO91

When do we realize that the days of glory are long gone? This game was absolutely pathetic. This is the new norm and even Harbaugh is not changing it. Totally out classed and out coached. 

Better coach.MIGHTYMOJO91 knows who the best coach is.

the Glove

I just don't feel as if it's a rivalry anymore. It just feels like it's the one day a year I get really pissed off and go into a depression for the day.

Becoming an Ohio State fan will cure your depression.

POOR LOSERS

Blue N Bama

Fuck Ohio St and that fucking douchebag Urbs. Fuck'em all. One more thing. FUCK

wolvemarine

I freaking hate Meyer. THE ohio are a bunch of low rent jerks.

We might be low rent jerks, but we are winning low rent jerks.

Gustavo Fring

Motivation and three dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  Whole lot of good that motivation did today.  We fucking suck.

$3 Coffee to drown your painYou might suck, but at least you have your $3 coffee.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments