College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Why do you dislike Sparty?

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
November 19, 2015 at 6:13pm
72 Comments

OSU/MSU is on the horizon, and there has been a lot of topics on 11W showing respect for Mark Danotnio (I get that, he's a good coach) and a lot of topics about OSU issues, but what about some good old fashioned late November Football hate?

i feel somewhat fondly (teeny tiny amounts of fondness) towards Sparty for providing classic John L Smith press conference/interview meltdowns, owning Big Brother recently, planting their flag on Notre Dames field (back in the 2000's), beating Baylor and Stanford in the last two Bowl Games......but then I think about why is it important to watch them get their asses beat by the Buckeyes Sat.  Top reason has to be the loss to them in '98.  

The loss to them in '98 isn't the only reason they drive me nuts.  I can't stand their basketball team...draymond Green, Travis Trice, Valentine or Izzo crying to the refs....football wise Blake Ezor, from my youth drove me bonkers.  Jim Miller....not a fan.  I recall not liking a running back from the 90's, Holman was his last name (had the nickname "Batman").  Also, their mascot is lame.

jeez, I'm all out of reasons to really hate Sparty, anybody help a Buckeye out?...refresh my memory and give me some fuel to help dislike Sparty..

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments