College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

MU/Duke Ending Controversy

0 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture
November 2, 2015 at 9:53am
66 Comments

I haven't been able to find a thread about this and I think it warrants discussion on a few levels.

First off, FINALLY an officiating crew is punished and it is made public.  Far too often terrible officiating is punished behind the scenes and it gives most people the impression that the league doesn't care.  Kudos to the ACC Commish for making it public and be fairly severe... two games is a lot of money lost because of ineptitude.

Secondly, the ACC has stated the game should have ended when the Miami player was down.  I see no reason the game can't be retroactively ended right there, preserving Duke's win.  "Oh we can't do that, what is called on the field stands" is 100% bullshit.  If the NCAA can wipe games out retroactively or alter stats a day later "after further review" then why does this travesty stand?  There is no judgement call in the play that can be argued.  The player's knee was down, period, game over. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 66 Comments