College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

scUM fans dishing out hate on Blake O'Neill (Punter who misshandled snap)

0 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture
October 18, 2015 at 9:08am
57 Comments

You know what, I don't post too many forum topics, I usually just stick to the comments sections, but this is absolutely ridiculous:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/10/michigan_punter_blake_oneill_r.html

That is a link to a story highlighting death threats and suicide-suggestion tweets to Blake by some stupid, disgruntled fans. ESPN ran a quick special/blurb on it, saying Blake has accomplished more than half (maybe even more) of the hacks giving him sh**. Dude is going on a second graduate degree, moved from Aussie land, plays football for a great university (fandom aside), lacerated his liver and came back (I believe it was his liver), and is making a life for himself in the states, and you have stupid, disgusting fans telling him to chug bleach, kill himself, end his life, etc.

Yes, there are some tweets of encouragement, but the negative vastly outweigh the positive. I admit, I laughed when it happened, but sometimes I really hate living on this planet when a select few make things look so ugly. When uneducated (uneducated from from scUM is hard to believe, just keeping it real, that is a damn good university) fans hide behind a keyboard and unleash their sh**y 'takes' on something that they only dream of. 

Yea this is a bit of a rant, and I have never been a fan of any player or team of scUMs (except on NCAA '14 when scUM gave my 'Legends' character a scholarship and tOSU didnt, I was super salty), but I am becoming a fan of this kid. Maybe it is because we have our own bossy aussie, but this is just absurd.

Every team has bad apples, and it sucks that there is no punishment for stupid tweets like this, but come on man. Just so sad to see. I truly hope Blake bounces back. I will be rooting SOLELY for him moving forward. If I had a twitter account, I would tweet him some encouragement, but I do not, because I think twitter is creepy.

I guess this just serves as your daily reminder to chill the f*** out on social media. These are kids playing for our entertainment. They don't have to. What in the hell do these kids owe us? Not a damn thing. Just very disgusting actions by some scUM fans (and all fans who do this). I really wish twitter had a "Do's and Dont's" manual that everyone had to read before signing up. Truly and utterly Pathetic.

Stay Positive, Blake. This coming from a true Buckeye fan. A fan that understands, through good and bad, that in the long run, it is more about football.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments