College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Players Michigan fans hate, but can't hate

0 HS
blu.fan's picture
August 11, 2015 at 1:54pm
52 Comments

This is my first post here . . . I've never felt the need to put something up at the premier Ohio State sports blog. Obviously from my user name you know my allegiance. There happens to be an interesting article at Mgoblog going through players that Michigan fans just can't hate. (Title:  The Enemy You Hate That You Don't Hate. LINK:  http://mgoblog.com/content/weeks-obsession-enemy-you-hate-you-dont-hate#more) Of course, you root for your team, but there are good guys from other teams that you end up liking . . . except when they're playing against your team.

Obviously, there are many Ohio State players on the list. More than any other school. Eddie George, Aaron Craft, and Cardale Jones are favored by site moderators. And in the comment section, Michigan fans add Chris Spielman, Jesse Owens, Craig Krenzel, Keith Byars, Kirk Herbstreit, Braxton Miller, Jon Diebler, Chris Carter, Orlando Pace, Andy Katzenmoyer, and Jack Nicklaus. Personally, I don't have lots of hate anyway, and I can definitely see liking Craft (except when he infuriated you playing against your team,) along with Jones (points both for speaking the truth about why you're at school, and also for pwning the troll saying he should stick to football.) Spielman, Herbstreit, Miller, and Carter have also seemed to be great guys. It'd be interesting to see which athletes from other school Ohio State fans find it difficult to hate.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments