College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

TTUN stadium capacity reduced

0 HS
brband64's picture
August 7, 2015 at 12:19pm
46 Comments

I've not seen this mentioned elsewhere here, so I'll take a chance and post this Detroit Free Press link. Of note:

The University of Michigan announced today that the iconic stadium's capacity will be reduced this season to 107,601, a loss of 2,300 seats due to re-configuring for non-football events and compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act. The capacity was previously 109,901.

I'm curious about two ADA points; one, when OSU did its major renovations heading into the 2001 season, those included ADA-mandated updates...I'm wondering how, since UM has also done renovations, they avoided those particular updates until now. Maybe the answer is in the quote, because they are now regularly hosting non-football events (other than UM home games)? Two, regarding overall capacity, I'm wondering how this statement: 

...two weeks ago the school announced all but 4,000 seats were sold for the entire season.

is affected by today's announcement; i.e., has the new capacity somehow been oversold for at least some games?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments