College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

MgoBlog debating whether they are optimistic with Harbaugh or would they trade for any other team or situation.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
July 25, 2015 at 6:12pm
184 Comments

I was curious to see what TTUN was up to. I wanted to see if there was any info on Ahmir Mitchell and their annual barbecue. What I came across was absolutely fascinating. They were asking if they should be optimistic with Harbaugh or would they trade for another team or coach in a different perhaps better situation. I was pleasantly surprised with some of their answers. Some would trade places with OSU. See for yourself on this fascinating thread. I will post some quotes shortly. Enjoy.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/how-optimistic-are-you-harbaugh-would-you-tr...

Here are excerpts: 

"I love Harbaugh but I'd trade with Bama or Osu.  How could you not?  They both have top notch coaches, great facilities, the best talent and are already winning.  They are what we want to get to."

"I have posted one or two things before. Ohio State has lost 3 games in 3 years and is coming off a national title. I think our coach is as good as theirs, but they are already established. They, currently, have it better than us."

"I'll be honest: if you could somehow get the OSU stink and dirtiness out of OSU, I'd take that. I think Meyer is a massive hypocrite, but that looks like a plug and play offense with a good defense. With the way college football is set up, you can compete for a title most years with that setup."

"No, I wouldn't trade Harbaugh for anything. The recruiting question becomes interesting, because while OSU has a better ranked recruiting class, a lot of their recruits wouldn't fit into the schemes Harbaugh is designing. If we could trade the number of players at each star ranking and let Harbaugh pick which ones he wants, then sure. But otherwise, I know it's a bold prediction, but I think when all is said and done Harbaugh (after a year or two) will have more success here than Urban will at OSU. "

"Just take all of OSU's players and give them to Harbuagh. Best team in 100 years"

"Seriously? I love Jim and thank God he is our coach but Harbaugh has one major bowl win and no championships in any sport. Meyer and Saban have accomplished WAY more as college head coaches and they have their programs rolling. Hell, even Dantonio has accomplished way more as a college coach than Harbaugh."

"Harbaugh can't win games by himself. With Harbaugh we won't lose the games we should not lose like we have the past ten years. The players will be prepared. As much as I can't stand Ohio and Meyer he currently is the best coach in college and has way more talent on his roster then Michigan does and that is not changing at all now or in the future. We need a Qb and wide receivers which for some reason we have not been able to get since 2006."

Lastly from a Rutgers fan: 

"Optimistic with harbaugh but if he doesnt work out could be nail in the coffin..I'd rather be rutgehz..RU pay head coach 1/8 UM salary but is leading the all time series with UM- in the riches of NJ and not in some dying Midwestern post apocalyptic nightmare ..wait till RU steps to the plate with the B1G handouts from the fading dynasties like UM and pedu.. Michigan and RU are like two trains in the opposite direction although it may be another decade until they meet RU is best positioned to become cfb next dynasty"

Feel free to find and post your own favorite quote, and have fun!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 184 Comments