College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

U/M self-reports four NCAA violations by football staff

0 HS
buckeyeupnorth's picture
May 12, 2015 at 11:10am
35 Comments

Ok, it's off season and these are extremely minor violations that won't result in anything other than a tsk tsk from the NCAA. 

The story was reported by the Detroit Free Press, who also requested and obtained a copy of the actual report submitted to the NCAA by Michigan. 

TFUN on the other blog are not happy about this report. Accusing the Free Press of extreme bias against U/M, attacking the person who posted this for bringing it to light, etc. So of course, it behooves me to make sure it is published here, to shine more light on it, LOL.

I do think it is kind of interesting that all four of these violations were committed by football staff, not players. Umm, don't they run these by the compliance department first?(apparently not). Isn't it their responsibility to know or to be advised as to NCAA rules on these situations? 

Mama G's violation, don't even get me started. 

The signed helmet and jersey by Harbaugh is really funny. He had no idea....which is likely true. That it was going to a good cause still doesn't mean it isnt' violating rules. And of course, he then tweets in response, "No good deed goes unpunished". 

Such a humble man.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments