College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Anyone Else Watching the Bama Spring Game?

0 HS
lljjgg's picture
April 18, 2015 at 6:38pm
49 Comments

Don't blame you if you aren't. Hard to watch this slow-paced SEC football after enjoying the elite B1G speed on display in the OSU Spring Game.

Apparently it ran earlier today, but the SEC Network is currently showing it. For those with a sense of humor, a few notes from the 1st half of interest to OSU fans:

1) They have mentioned Ohio State on at least 3 occasions thus far (14 minutes in). Never stops being enjoyable to hear. They're going to have season-long OSU whiplash so far as I can tell.
2) Alabama still has zero pass rush, which exposes their secondary to deep pass after deep pass. Definite weakness last year, hopefully still a weakness this year.
3) Bama QB Coker reminds me a lot of former OSU QB Todd Boeckman (if that name rings a bell for anyone): throws a pretty deep ball, but not very accurate elsewhere. Not in love with what I've seen from the Bama back-up QBs. My guess is that it's Coker or bust for them this year.
4) Derrick Henry is still a beast.
5) Names to Watch: Robert Foster (PA WR OSU was somewhat interested in in the 2013 class) is alive after all. Very good speed, lengthy WR with solid hands; kind of Mike Thomas type. He is going to be a playmaker for them. WR ArDarius Stewart looks to be a star in the making, as well. Lastly, was looking for him but haven't seen Ohio WR Derek Kief, he appears to be buried on the depth chart at this point.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments