College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Urban Meyer

0 HS
Mcgahee'sLeg's picture
April 10, 2015 at 11:23am
98 Comments

Happy Friday to all of you brethren.

A buddy and I were discussing this yesterday and I want to get everyone else's #take on the matter.

Urban Meyer is obviously off to an awesome start to his career here at tOSU. Some day he may one day go down as the best coach in tOSU's great history.

He is 38-3 at the moment with 1 Big Ten Championship and 1 National Title.

What would it take for him to meet your expectations as a coach (if he hasn't already) when his career here is over with?

Secondly, what would it take for him to go down in history as OSU's best coach ever?

My personal opinion is that I would like him to stay for at least ten more years. I think he is having a lot of fun here and he is on top of the world. This is where he wants to be and he is still pretty young for his accomplishments. I would be satisfied with his career here if he brought us two more championships in that time span and seven out of the next ten B1G championships with at least an 85% winning record against ttun. That sounds like high expectations but I believe with the current trajectory that those numbers are surely achievable and I know Urban himself wouldn't be satisfied with anything less. In order for him to go down as the best ever here at tOSU I think he is going to need to keep his current winning percentage going and 3 more championships with a few close ones along the way.

Here's his coaching profile from tOSU's website...

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/meyer_urban00.html

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments