College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Arkansas player gets severe DUI punishment

0 HS
MacG91's picture
March 3, 2015 at 11:51am
45 Comments

Arkansas defensive lineman Tevin Beanum was arrested for suspicion of DWI and other charges. Bret Bielema does not take these things lightly and has came up with a unique punishment of his own. 

He soon-to-be sophomore wasn’t kicked off the team, but had team activities limited and some additional tasks handed out, Bielema said. Beanum he will have to complete university requirements as well as his coach’s to return to the team on a full-time basis. Bielema said he talked to Beanum’s mother to help to determine a proper, or additional, punishment.

“For instance, I’ve taken away his car,” Bielema said. “It sounds simple. I think a lot of today’s problems can be solved by an old school way of thinking. So I picked up the phone and called his mom. We talked about different things. He has to go through the court system and obviously he’ll have ramifications. But I’ve basically banned the use of his car for any time other than when he’s coming over here or going to academics. His car is to remain parked. If he gets pulled over for running through a stoplight at 10:30 at night then he’s violated my rules and there’s going to be an even bigger consequence.”

Maybe next time he will get his phone or Xbox taken away?

Disclamer: I am not saying he should be kicked off the team but he should face something more severe than getting his car taken away by his mom. DWIs aren't a joke. You can't compare Tracy Sprinkle or Carlos Hyde to this because they didn't endanger their own life or other lives. 

http://arkansasnews.com/sports/hogs-football-update-late-february

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments