College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Bill Walton

0 HS
rosenbuck's picture
January 8, 2015 at 11:06pm
24 Comments

I don't know if anyone else has been watching UCLA vs Stanford on ESPN (why would you?  Why am I watching? both very good questions), but I've enjoyed listening to Walton call the game.  He's knowledgeable and passionate and not too politically correct (he's not averse to asserting his opinion and "calling it like it is" if you will).

He even said at one point (following a promo for the Saturday game vs Indiana) that he was impressed with OSU, that we had lots of talent but also that we do things the right way.

All of that being said, he's been one of, if not the worst, homers I've ever heard.  UCLA made an impressive comeback to get back into the game, but it was totally overshadowed by his blatant, over-the-top commentary. 

I guess that comes with the territory with an opinionated commentator like him, so while he was a breath of fresh air for most of the game, I'll stick with Clark Kellogg or GUS JOHNSON!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments