College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Losing Effect: That Team (Basketball Edition)

Matt Gutridge's picture
December 13, 2014 at 10:18pm
10 Comments

Ruh Roh

NJIT, Eastern Michigan and Arizona equals three straight losses for That Team.

That Team's incompetence in football is seeping into their basketball program. Most fans of that school were looking forward to the basketball season. It now appears as if their hopes were misguided.

NJIT- 70-72
EMU- 42-45
Arizona- 53-80

Not only did That Team lose to Arizona on the court, but the Wildcats used halftime to honor their football coach...Rich Rodriguez.

I'll now let That Team's fans take control of this article. I narrowed the 200+ posts after the three games to what you find below. The spelling, grammar and punctuation has not been edited.

ON ARIZONA

acnumber1

When does basketball season start?

Princetonwolverine

It wasn't as close as the score.

Leonhall

Remember when we thought 2014 was going to be the year? What a year it has been.

Generic MGoBlogger

Everything since March 30th has been a shit storm... It feels like a fucking curse

Eastern Michigan laid the hammer on That Team's basketball team.

Eastern Michigan laid the hammer on That Team's basketball team.

Mortimer

Is it possible that football passed the curse back to basketball? If so, the positive is that we can look forward to a good football season.

charlie sheen

their football coach looked pretty happy at halftime.

CoMisch

This is getting brutal. We should be better than this and I can't tell you how pissed I am that the ncaa was going to suspend Mitch for half a year, he was coming back. FFFFF them. F

NYMICH

This is an NIT team at best. 

THOUGHTS AFTER EASTERN MICHIGAN

Eastern

Forget Little Brother, the directional team in green just beat you.

Michigan9

By the looks of things we'll be a 10 seed......In the Big 10 Tournement

ChicagoGangViolins

WTF.  Somebody check the water supply and sample the air. 

MGoBlue100

Suddenly, Michigan sucks at Football AND Basketball
How long before the university loses its accreditation?

Michigan9

I'm not even mad We're a gymnastics school

THOUGHTS AFTER THE LOSS TO NJIT

They lost to NJIT? Yes, yes they did.

They lost to NJIT? Yes, yes they did.

The2nd_JEH

I hate sports so much.

Tate

Saturdays are stupid.

AZ-Blue

My Saturday started off well - but. then Stupid Saturday returned.

jcgold

At least this ISN'T football. This is easily recoverable....or a sign of things to come.

pkatz

Welp, my day was bad... and now it's worse

chango

Need to go pound EMU next. A big game @ Zona is around the corner. Ever forward....

Really?

Really?

Ty Butterfield

No matter what sport Michigan finds new and creative ways to screw up. Can't wait until Greg Schiano is introduced as the new football coach next week.

1329 S. University

Every year they have a puzzling bad loss and Coach B uses it all season. I'm not worried.

THEIR THOUGHTS ON BEILEIN

How quickly things change.

How quickly things change.

Bagheera

Beilein needs to recruit better players.  You can't replace first-round picks with unranked three-star freshmen and expect to be competitive.  

OccaM

This I don't get why so many fliers were taken on under the radar talents. They're under the radar for a reason. You're gonna get 100 times more flops than you will Trey Burkes. 

BlueInWisconsin

Are people really complaining about Beiline's recruiting? Really? I mean... Really?

WolverinesQC

Actually yes! He isn't getting a post presence and it will always be Beileins Achilles heel.

Coldwater

Yes we are... He seems enamored with small, unathletic guys that can shoot well in high school. He hit the jackpot with Trey Burke and Nick, but there's nobody n the team this year that going to break out.

cstrable

I guess I should start up the #FireBeilein bus...

phork

Does Harbaugh coach basketball too?

Harbaugh and hoops?

Harbaugh and hoops?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments