College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Big 12 and Championship Week

0 HS
CptBuckeye24's picture
December 7, 2014 at 7:11pm
7 Comments

Anyone else annoyed the Big 12 plays their regular season games on championship week? I think it's totally wrong. You only play in early December if you have a conference title to play for. I know it keeps the conference relevant but that's their issue.

The Big 12 played with fire and got burned. Serves them right. But my god, say what you want about Delaney. He keeps his mouth shut and understands the strategic power of the Big 10. The financial leverage Delaney has accomplished and stability is impressive. Now I know that seems counterintuitive to the perception but the conference is set for a massive TV deal in 2016/2017.

Needless to say, stability in the big 12 is an issue as is leadership. Look at the conference self destruct. If you want to be a power 5 conference, get more teams and play a title game. Simple as that. Not the Committee's issue that they are small and don't play a title game. Serves them right.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments