College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

McElwain: Steal for Nebraska or TTUN?

0 HS
LealmanBuckeye's picture
December 4, 2014 at 9:56am
22 Comments

The Four-Letter Network and some local papers down here in Florida are all reporting that the biggest sticking point (or the only sticking point, depending on who you read) to the Gators bringing Jim McElwain over from Colorado State is his $7.5 million buyout clause in his contract, a number on which CSU apparently refuses to budge.

Now, realistically, you know UF could open up the checkbook and get that taken care of, but if they hem and haw too much, someone like Nebraska or TTUN could swoop in with a check and steal McElwain from under the Gators' noses. With very few high-profile coaches available, if I'm Tom Osborne or Jim Hackett, I'm convincing the respective powers-that-be to strike while the iron's hot and send me to Fort Collins, check in hand. If the conference wants to draw the best coaches, then the programs have to show an unflinching willingness to do what it takes to bring them in.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments