College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Adam Rittenberg on recent B1G revival.

0 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
November 18, 2014 at 9:16am
24 Comments

Full story can be read here.

I know, I know, it's a link to an ESPN story.  Well, it's written to Adam Rittenberg who I happen to enjoy reading.  Adam has been tough on the B1G but provides a pretty fair assessment of the league on a consistent basis.  

On the beginning of the season:

The Big Ten's first act in 2014 was a tragedy or comedy -- probably both. It also was surprisingly short, lasting just two weeks. A face-plant in Week 2 elicited national mockery, confirmed the stereotypes and brought more bad vibes to a league that has had more than its share. Many cropped the Big Ten from the College Football Playoff picture after high-profile losses by Michigan State, Ohio State and Michigan, coupled with three losses to Mid-American Conference foes. 

And on the second half:

The Big Ten's second act, not surprisingly, is a lot easier to watch. Nebraska fans are understandably flinging tomatoes, eggs and anything they can find at Bo Pelini after his team's latest big-game flop, but Saturday, overall, was really good for the Big Ten. So was the previous Saturday, as league heavyweights Ohio State and Michigan State played a high-scoring, visually appealing game on the national stage. 

He also goes on to talk about how the conference will likely have at least two Heisman finalists in New York this year, which I believe is a big deal for perception.  

Give it a read and post your thoughts.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments