College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Jameis Winston

0 HS
Buckeye2934's picture
November 9, 2014 at 10:13am
11 Comments

Winston needs to be dismissed... and if FSU fails to handle it on their own, then a lack of institutional control type situation should be initiated, and Winston should be ineligible until it can be investigated fully. I'm a fan of college athletics, a parent, a former NCAA athlete... and this guy's ongoing presence on a team is a serious attack on everything we want athletics to be. Let's look with some clarity at this guy's situation... incidents and details relevant include:

(1) BB Gun incident ($ 4,000 in damage);

(2) Free Soda Pop if you are Jameis: Jameis helps himself to some pop @ Burger King;

(3) Alleged Rape (roommates already disciplined by FSU for their role in the same incident);

(4) Free Crab Legs if you are Jameis @ Publix ("forgot to pay"... common mistake);

(5) Baseball Fight during FSU / UF game on 3/25/14 (check out Jameis being restrained by a uniformed police officer during fight, on the field, during an NCAA competition: https://twitter.com/jaxdotcom/status/448640079943061504/photo/1.);

(6) Profanity in Student Union Incident;

(7) Alleged & still unclear autograph for money incident;

(8) Alleged point shaving (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/uab-de-being-investi...); 

After all of this, Winston is being represented by Atlanta attorney David Cornwell in the student code of conduct hearing (Cornwell is a big-time sports-law attorney who has represented other wrongfully accused stand-up guys such as A-Rod and Ryan Braun). Who is paying Cornwell? I bet A-Rod's lawyer is fairly expensive. If he's not being paid, how can FSU and/or NCAA ignore the obvious acceptance of value of a student-athlete?? If he is being paid, I'd like to know how/by whom.

The Winston situation has become an embarrassment to FSU, and to college athletics. If there is anybody at FSU who is concerned with the credibility of the university, and/or with what we can expect from athletics... that person should stand up and say enough's enough. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments