College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Straight Cash Homie - CFB Week 8 ATS (Against the Spread)

0 HS
JDupler's picture
October 16, 2014 at 3:58pm
17 Comments

Introduction: Every week I pick 7 games.  I will post my picks with my reasons.  I am not a trends or numbers guy.  I just go with what I’ve seen and what I expect to see.  For entertainment purposes only, of course, until it becomes legal and I will be at the Hollywood every Saturday.  Fingers crossed. PS... 4-3 is considered a good week.

Comments/trolls welcome.  I asked if there was any interest in a weekly national ATS post on here and 11W came back and said post it in the forum to see if there is any interest.  Also don't be afraid to share a good win or bad beat following the weekend.  Watching the games through the eyes of Vegas makes for a very strange weekend, every weekend!

LW (Last Week): 3-4 (.429)

L2W (Last 2 Weeks): 6-8 (.429)

YTD (Year to Date): 27-21-1 (.551)

This week has some sneaky good games, and mid-way through the season, most teams are finding who they really are.  Here are my picks for week 8.  Home team in CAPS.

Baylor (-8.5) vs. WEST VIRGINIA

If Baylor can do that against Gary Patterson and his defense, what are they going to do against WVU?  Noon game in Morgantown isn’t exactly what Baylor likes, nor anyone else, and I would take this game in less than a second if it was under a touchdown, but under 10 and I’ll take the Bears to cover before halftime.

MINNESOTA (-12.5) vs. Purdue

I really like the Gophers against the average teams in the B1G and I think Purdue may have max out last week in the 4th quarter.  Under 14? I’ll take the Gophers at home.

OHIO STATE (-19.5) vs. Rutgers

Rutgers is a surprising 5-1, but they haven’t really played anyone (lol Michigan).  Ohio State is on a complete roll, but they haven’t really played anyone either after VT.  Huge line, but the Buckeyes looks to have their old form back and it could be 21 in the 4th, but a couple late scores by the backup 5 stars in scarlet make this game as a laugher.

Ucla (-6.5) vs. CAL

Ucla was pounded by Oregon and Cal was pounded by Washington.  If you look at these two teams, Ucla is better than Cal by at least 2 scores.  Under a touchdown and I like the Bruins to bounce back.

Marshall (-21.5) vs. FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Uh yeah, Marshall keeps rolling.

Nebraska (-6.5) vs. NORTHWESTERN

Under a touchdown and I am completely comfortable with the Huskers going into Ryan stadium at dusk.  As a commenter posted last week, NU’s qb has regressed the last three years and couldn’t get a high school team into the endzone.  Ameer will early and often.  Sorry Cats, No home upset this week.

OREGON (-21) vs. Washington

Looks like Oregon is back after their obligatory letdown of the year versus Arizona.  As mentioned earlier, the Huskies crushed the Golden Bears.  Vegas loves to put Ducks’ lines high, but they wearing 1994 throwbacks.  This one could get ugly early as Oregon needs to make a point every week moving forward.  If they get off the bus at home for this night game…look out.

Other quick picks:

Virginia Tech (+1.5) vs. PITT (Thursday) Note: VT started as a 2-point favorite on Monday

Virginia (+2.5) vs. DUKE

Michigan State (-14.5) vs. INDIANA

Northern Illinois (-11) vs. MIAMI OHIO

Notre Dame (+11.5) vs. FLORIDA STATE Note: Game is off the board at many a Vegas book, however if you can get the Fightin' Irish above 10, take it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments