College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Value of just winning

0 HS
Ohio State Ombre's picture
October 11, 2014 at 6:58pm
3 Comments

So I caught a few minutes of college football scoreboard on ESPiN, and a certain broadcaster who is known to wear womens underwear was arguing with a certain elderly former coach who spits when he talks. The panty wearer was complimenting FSU on just winning (even against lack luster opponents), while criticizing Notre Dame saying even though they were undefeated, they havnt played anybody. While we all know he is a major hypocrite, i am curious what all of you think. What does it mean, if anything, to go undefeated against sub-par opponents (assuming that the majority of these teams schedules are against FBS opponents and mostly from one of the top 5 conferences). How much is strength of schedule actually valued if you can go undefeated playing cupcakes? And where is the divider between "this team is good for winning" and "they only win because of the low quality of opponents"? We know all power 5 conferences arent created equal, but it seams to me they are a lot more even than people give them credit. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments