College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Dave Brandon: Dave Brandon isn't leaving, nor is Hoke

0 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture
October 2, 2014 at 4:57pm
28 Comments

All of the other threads seem to have gone a little fallow and this is "big" news, so I'm making a new thread.

Michigan Daily has posted a new interview with Brandon in which he says things are just fine.

http://www.michigandaily.com/news/dave-brandon-brady-hoke-michigan-football-shane-morris-concussion-resign

Why are those mean TTUN fans saying such mean things about him?

For Brandon, though, he said he hopes to fix his relationship with students. The protest Tuesday, he said, hit him hard.

“That’s very hurtful,” Brandon said. “Anybody who thinks that they want groups to gather with the topic being criticism and sometimes very personal attacks on the work and the job. It’s hurtful. It’s hurtful to me, it’s hurtful to my family.”

Seriously, TTUN students LOVE him.

With a heavy amount of criticism, Brandon said he hopes to fix this relationship with students. Despite the outcry, Brandon characterized his relationship with students as “outstanding,” noting widely positive reviews of night games and other initiatives developed within the Athletic Department under his tenure.

Don't worry, fellow Buckeyes.  Above all, Brandon is staying the course. 

Amid nationwide controversy of fans, alumni and students calling for his removal, University Athletic Director Dave Brandon has not considered resigning. Nor has he considered firing Michigan football coach Brady Hoke, he said.

To summarize: things are great in AA.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments