College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Shameless ESPN coverage of the Southeastern Conference

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
September 19, 2014 at 8:58pm
20 Comments

Watching Uconn vs S. Florida, and I'm hearing about Alabama vs Florida. I watched Auburn vs Kansas State last night and didn't just hear about the Auburn team on the field, just seemed to hear about The SEC.  If I didn't know any better I would have thought they were the University of Auburn SEC's.  

Conferences are just a group, and multiple groups make up the whole of college sports.  College football is a wonderful sport..... So many teams, players, philosophies and venues.  ESPN does make watching this great sport of college football much nicer, by broadcasting so many games, that in years past, we wouldn't have seen, but enough is enough with having to bring up the SEC while watching a game between UConn and South Florida.  The sport is great enough to not have to think about a select 14 teams.  If it wasn't for Jameis Winston being a bonehead, we wouldn't hear much about the defending National Champ on that Network, or the rest of the ACC.  

Hate to bitch about the ability to watch sooooo much college football, but I also hate to have to watch the available games on mute.

i remember growing up, and Conference strength and so forth only mattered, if it even did, during Bowl Season, maybe even only when a champ went against a champ.... Ala Rose Bowl.... Bragging rights.   Now it seems as if ESPN has made it a 365, 24-7 affair, and it is tiresome.  Tennessee, Vandy, Miss St. Ole Piss and the like, don't have a roster of super players, just because they wear uniforms that done the SEC patch, they are just parts of a group.  I think ESPN needs to get back to appreciating the contest at hand, the 2 coaching staffs trying to out duel each other, and the 170+ players that are competing in the event they are covering.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments