College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

How bad is the b!g?

0 HS
NashBuckeye's picture
September 14, 2014 at 1:52am
16 Comments

I am a Buckeye Fan for 40+ years and have always rooted for Big 10 teams, even before the recent huge emphasis on Conferences more than individual teams. This year is worst year I can ever remember for the Big 10. There is no way to defend the Conference when you look at the results of the first 3 weeks.

Stepping back to take a look at all 14 teams in the conference, here is what I came up with:

Purdue, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota - Would not win the MAC this year.

Iowa, Maryland, Rutgers- I would place some money on any of them to win the MAC. Not enough that it would hurt if I lost.

Penn State, Michigan - I would bet some serious money on them to win the MAC, American, Sun Belt, Conf USA, but if you put them in the ACC, Big 12, PAC 12, or SEC, they are a 3-5 team at best.

Wisconsin, Nebraska- They would win any of the lower conferences, would be a threat in the SEC East and a contender in the Big 12, PAC 12 South, or the non-FSU division of the ACC.

MSU - I really think they are a good team with a very good Coach. Losing at Oregon is not a disgrace. They would do well in any Conference but would probably not win any of them.

BUCKEYES - Clearly the most talent in the Big 10 but even I do not feel like a berth in the b!g Championship game is better than a 50-50 shot. We lost a lot of talent last year and the recruiting/coaching has not been able reload like I thought we would. I place last week's loss squarely on the Coaches and I did not think that would happen with UFM as Coach. I am always an optimist with OSU but I need to see a great performance in 2 weeks vs. Cincy before I am a believer that we would win any of the 5 major Conferences.

What teams did I over-estimate or under-estimate?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments