College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Thank You, and Good Luck

0 HS
Hokie_Rockidr4's picture
September 8, 2014 at 12:39pm
12 Comments

Hello Buckeyes fans.

Can I just say that you guys have been amazing. Some very nice posts have been made over on The Key Play by you guys, and your twitter presence as an entire fan base has been overwhelmingly positive. You guys have really changed my opinion about Ohio State. I even determined that I'm going to root for you guys in the future, with the notable exception of any time you play Virginia Tech.

What you guys have done has been overwhelming, and some things I even forgot. The Ohio State Buckeyes were some of the first folks to move to action back in 2007 when our community was going through its roughest time in history. Sometimes it can be easy to forget things like that when you're moving forward, but that is something that is definitely worth remembering.

Further, I don't think a lot of Hokies will realize or admit it, but we want to build a program like yours. Who wouldn't though? I really hope that when you guys come down to Lane Stadium next year you can find out how much we have worked to make it a difficult place to play, just like the Horseshoe is. We have our traditions (skipper, the MVs, the hightie tighties), but nothing compares to the history at Ohio State University. You have a tradition of winning that is unlike any other. That's something we want, and the fact that we might get to be a part of that history now is something very special.

The future looks bright for you as well. Your defensive front is studly. JT Barrett is finding his stride. I really want you to win out. I want you to do well. I think you will as well. I didn't see a team out there that was having trouble getting its life together. I saw a team that our team was desperately fighting with. When the score was tied up at 21, I was almost as nervous as I was when I was 9 years old, watching Virginia Tech play FSU in the sugar bowl (a game that did not go our way). It was just an amazing game.

Again, you guys have just been so nice as well. Which is why when I found out that a couple of the members of our community were on this community trolling, I was very upset. I did not feel that was a very respectful manner of behavior. So, I would like to extend an offer of friendship going forward. I would like to see the best out of both of our programs and both of our communities. It would be great next year in Lane Stadium if we could be as decent to you as you have been to us, and I would like to think that we can continue to be parts of each other's history going forward.

Thank you, and good afternoon.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments