College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

LOL at Bert because it's the right thing to do.

Yenots11's picture
September 2, 2014 at 11:13am
17 Comments

Doing my internet rounds this morning and catching up with some things from the weekend. This is easily one of the more satisfying sentences I read:

"The pain continues for the Bret Bielema’s Razorbacks, who have now lost 14 consecutive conference games (nine under Bielema) and haven’t won since September 14, 2013." --Gabriel Baumgaertner (SI)

Source: http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/08/30/week-one-saturday-snaps

DCBuckeye33's picture

I don't want this season to be THAT bad for the,. Id love him to get a few more years to keep that program mired in mediocrity for longer

GO BUCKS

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

It has to be said: they misspelled Bert.

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Pain was also misspelled, the correct spelling being karma.

+8 HS
SilverState's picture

Well played, Hove.

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I was about to say, I can't even #karma at him anymore...it's annoying how much they're losing. It's not even fun to make fun of them because they're so bad.

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Laughing at Bert never gets old.  In case you need more, there was an article over the weekend that his staff got locked in an elevator at halftime trying to get down from the press box and couldn't speak to the team.  It couldn't happen to a douchier guy.

+2 HS
Yenots11's picture

They shouldn't go a full calender year without a W. I believe they have Nicholls State next week, so that's something.

Go Bucks!! 

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam!"

Fatpants's picture

Literally and figuratively:

+1 HS
Earle's picture

No doubt this will end badly for Bert, and sooner rather than later.  I'm curious to see if his inevitable dismissal comes as he quietly fades out of college football relevance, or if he goes out in a hogflesh-fueled blaze of glory. 

Italics are for emphasis.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Oh he'll get another job, if Lane Kiffin can do it so can ol' Bert.

Earle's picture

The difference being that for all his d-baggery, Kiffin can actually coach.  Bert just rode Alvaraez' coattails and a temporary power vacuum in the B1G to a big payday at Arkarmansas.

But yeah, he probably will get another job.  College football would be a lot less interesting if we didn't have Bert to kick around.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I'm figuring the latter. That jackass only knows how to do one thing well and it's to show everyone how much of an arrogant bastard that he really is. It's almost like an innate personality trait passed down through the generations of Bert's family.

buckguyfan1's picture

hogflesh-fueled blaze of glory...

Please!

+5 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

The above image is smoke that looks a pig.

Bert is a pig with a smoking wife.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I thought it kind of resembled robot camels marching to destroy them...

+2 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Bert is a flawed coach, but his system actually sets up pretty well against giant robot camels. The best defense (or offense) against against giant robot camels are giant steamrollers, after all. 

+1 HS
Mizzillion's picture

I think he ate that hot wife.

Pig Sooey

"He ballooned up nicely." -- Thornton Melon