College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Miami vs. Louisville

NashBuckeye's picture
September 1, 2014 at 7:55pm
71 Comments

Still do not like the "U", so I am rooting for Louisville tonight. Interesting that the two played against each other in a Bowl game last year, and now they open the season against each other.

cajunbuckeye's picture

I have to pull for the U, due to family obligations.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

Hoody Wayes's picture

And I have to ask someone to post that LSU Freek/Petrino.gif.

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

+17 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Pluuuuuuuuuuuus Onnnnnnnnnnnnne, Cajun!

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Completely understand. Peace in the Valley. 

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Nephew.....

+6 HS
KBonay's picture

Good stuff Cajun. 

+1 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture

FSU's remaining schedule:

Sat 9/6 [Citadel] Citadel 7:30 pm ET

Sat 9/20 [Clemson] (16) Clemson TBA

Sat 9/27 [N.C. State] @ N.C. State TBA

Sat 10/4 [Wake Forest] Wake Forest TBA

Sat 10/11 [Syracuse] @ Syracuse TBA

Sat 10/18 [Notre Dame] (17) Notre Dame TBA

Thu 10/30 [Louisville] @ Louisville 7:30 pm ET (Could be tricky!)

Sat 11/8 [Virginia] Virginia TBA

Sat 11/15 [Miami (FL)] @ Miami (FL) TBA

Sat 11/22 [Boston Coll.] Boston Coll. TBA

Sat 11/29 [Florida] Florida TBA

+2 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Very difficult to go undefeated 2 years in a row. Not sure where the loss or losses could come from, though.

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

That Louisville game is basically Halloween-weird things happen.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Miami defense is starting right were they left off. "Porous" is a word that comes to mind.

sox33osu's picture

Looks like Oregon let Miami borrow their jerseys for the night.

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

was thinking same thing-I was never a huge fan of Miami's old Unis, but they are a lot better than these.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

I like Louisville's Black Helmet. Mean looking red bird on it.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Me too. Actually, I'm no Miami fan, but I like their helmets as well.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

ohhiyo's picture

Looks like Cincinnati let Louisville borrow their jerseys for the night.

+1 HS
Drewbuckeye's picture

Louisville' helmet looking nice

F--- Michigan!

johnblairgobucks's picture

not you Cajun, or your family, but Miami fans and their coach make me feel a bit icky.  Like I'm watching a VH1 "I love the 80's" show and Vanilla Ice is gonna pop out in the stands...... Check out the hook, while the dj revolves it.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Miami is one of my least favorite programs. That being said, my nephew grew up in Pembroke Pines and it was his "dream" university. I'm really proud of him for all that he's accomplished and hoping he makes it back this season. (ACL surgery in April)

+4 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Big first down.....and...we're offsides.

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

The positive spin on Bobby Petrino is making me sick. 

+6 HS
D-Day0043's picture

I have a good friend that is one of the big wigs at WKU, and he said Petrino is by far one of the worst human beings he has ever met. 

I am D-Day0043 and I approve this message.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

At least this game appears to be more competitive than the 2 DOGS last night. 

+1 HS

Is black even one of Louisville's colors? Why would you "black out" your fans?  White em out if you need something to do....... However, this comes from the University of Higher learning that puts teeth on their Bird mascot.

+1 HS

Miami's D Line is active.  They look quick.

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Anthony Chickillo has a little Bosa in him.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

Jesse Palmer needs to eat a hotdog....shove something in that hole, so he shuts TFU"

+4 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

His strategy is to go for Quantity of words since there is no Quality.

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

3 Palmer broadcast this opening weekend. Straight torture. 

+4 HS
DWright's picture

Watching this game Im wondering if Pollack and Palmer get along off the air...

+3 HS

Seems as if Reese can't talk fast enough to keep that buffoon off the air.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

And that is why you always call it a fumble on the field.

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

Where is James Quick?

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
DWright's picture

On the bench watching Ohio State highlights

+6 HS
DWright's picture

Braxton Berrios had a catch for Miami, he was a player I wanted - primarily because his name is Braxton and that name has fared strongly for us in the past.

+2 HS

he has a hot mom right?

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Been making catches all night it seems. Wish we could have got him though I'm not sure he would have cracked our starting lineup as fast.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

The sideline reporter looks like she missed the I-71 exit ramp to the S&M Club and ended up at the stadium.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Louisville's helmets have grown on me. That's a cool look.

cajunbuckeye's picture

I'm ringing the bell on that one. I don't care who your rooting for, you've got to like that return.

+3 HS
sox33osu's picture

Can't spell "Unimpressive" without "UM". Should be 21-10.

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

The Card's have some D or the U's "O" line is awful.

cajunbuckeye's picture

That's all the exciting football action and quality sports commentating that I can handle...it's a wrap!

+4 HS
DWright's picture

I was in Kentucky over the summer and I stopped to look at Louisville's stadium. Definitely not the same type of grandeur as the Shoe but it was an impressive place, very sleek and well kept. I would love to watch a game there. Plus they sell Papa John's at the stadium which is next-level when compared to Hot n' Ready pizza from Little Ceasars.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Louisville > Detroit 

+2 HS
DWright's picture

King's Landing > Detroit

+2 HS

Mark May's obvious halftime bias  is obvious.  Past the point of Forced Faked rediculous.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

I refuse to type the man's name. I think we should refer to him as "72-0" in honor of the game that sparked all of the hate.  

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

"Take me with you"  Love the new Dish commercial.

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Is that commercial designed for college star and pro flops, or is it coincidence?

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Both-all 3 were college stars who flopped in the pros.

BassDropper's picture

Anyone know the 3rd down song they are playing? I know the song but can't put my finger on what it is. Anyway, seems like a strange song to use on 3rd down

DIRECTIONER

Knarcisi's picture

Think they are revving up the motorcycle. 

+1 HS

Petrino may bring in former cast members of "Every Which Way but Loose" Black Widows for motivational speeches. 

+8 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Remember the sound of the horns when this crew would pull up?

Right turn, Bobby!

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Best parts of the movies when the Black Widows would roll up on FILO Betto and Clyde ......Buh duh duh duh duh duuuuuuuuh!    classic.

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

James Quick sighting. 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Quick has been playing pretty solid ball all night,but like I said earlier I doubt he could have even cracked our starting lineup. Kid is going to be a good one though and was a definite miss by our staff.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I ride Dominique Brown home if I'm Louisville. Gary Anderson and Wisconsin, take note. 

+3 HS

Nahhh, better let the 6'6'' guy who runs 4.5 and throws a ball like Uncle Rico take over the game. Rest that bellcow RB until the FCS game next week.

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Nothing like executing the 2nd down punt play to try to fool em. 

OSU069's picture

Lol McEvoy made Joe Bauserman look good. At least Joe had the courtesy to throw the ball 20 rows deep in the stands instead of throwing interceptions.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Brown ... Ridden. 

Game ... Over. 

KBonay's picture

Then there is this...

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

And Eli Apple's Mom - Troll Level - HIGH

+3 HS
Joebobb's picture

Is Louisville that good or Miami that bad. I tend to think Miami is pretty bad. I bet they lose to Cincinnati this year. They are not the U of the 80's and 90's and early 2000's. They are now just a poor man's Michigan

Butch_Driveshaft's picture

This is what I was wondering while watching the game. Louisville's D line looked great last night. Whether that means they really are that good or Miami's O line is bad, I don't know. But they were incredibly disruptive the whole game.

Joebobb's picture

Both schools have new QB's and Lou lost a lot on offense especially with Bridgewater leaving. This is a rebuilding year by their standards. MIA may have a new QB but are supposed to be loaded at the skill positions. This just shows how weak the ACC is and outside of FSU, you cant tell a difference between the ACC and AAC when looking at the other schools in the conference.

+1 HS

Just a perception from watching the game last night, Louisville's team looked in much better physical condition than Miami's...... Like they had been doing Coach Mick's workouts since birth.  I remember watching a few Louisville games last year, and this year's team looked a lot stronger......to the point that PEDs crossed my mind.  Either Miami has fallen pretty far off as a perennial power or Louisville is going to continue to be a program that makes noise into November.