College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

MSU vs Jacksonville st. on BTN at 7:30

Groveport Heisman's picture
August 29, 2014 at 6:33pm
68 Comments

MSU vs Jacksonville st. on BTN at 7:30...Should be able to get an early gauge on how this Spartan looks this year.

Rob Reese's picture

Very interested in watching C.Cook tonight and his development.  I'm also interested in how Taiwan Jones plays at linebacker without Bullough and D. Allen back there with him this season.

Thank God that CFB is back.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Everyone I know says expect MSU to be very vanilla and show nothing for Oregon to prepare for, next week

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

MSU should easily handle J State even though J State has some players. MSU has the meat in the trenches

+1 HS

LMAO that should have been a 90 yard TD catch.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Rob Reese's picture

WR easily had 2-3 steps on him.  

+1 HS

Break a leg Conner Break a leg.

Holy shit folks.I meant this in jest and kind of a good luck type of thing but literally 2 minutes after I typed it Cook actually got hit low and his knee bent backwards and was helped off the field.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Wow. That looked bad.  Your fault, Groveport

+1 HS

I'll take the blame. I honestly feel bad because I was seriously joking and it actually happened right after I mentioned it.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Unless you are the JSU player that made the hit, not really your fault. I read your comment 5 seconds before it happened, so I couldn't resist.

Rob Reese's picture

Conner Cook with some serious field vision and awareness.  

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Connor Cook is hurt...could be serious.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
NH-IO's picture

Oh my, that does not look good for Cook.

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

connor cook just got hit low!!

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Dude looks like it's serious

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Looked like the knee bent back on the replay

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
STL Buckeye's picture

I absolutely hate low hits like that. 

+1 HS

MSU presses up so hard the only way to beat them is over the top.

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

MSU secondary has gotten lucky a few times already.   

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Lippet in a different zip code than the entire JAX secondary on that TD.

+1 HS
NH-IO's picture

Maybe it wasn't so bad after all

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Damn that's a hell of a knee brace, that really looked like a bad hit

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS

Could Cook be the B1G Heisman hopeful? Food for thought.

+2 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Can't believe he is back already and threw a TD.  Can you imagine the discussion if both OSU and MSU QBs were out for the year.  How many talking heads would have eliminated the entire B1G from the Playoff on the 1st week?

+1 HS
Crumb's picture

The Dave works well against the FCS

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Domination on almost every single play so far. Someone get my man #99 on Jacksonville a bigger jersey.

+4 HS
Crumb's picture

That fella's probably from the sticks of Alabama and I'll bet his name is Bubba too.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Caleb Lawrence from...ALABAMA. LOL

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Sparty has guns blazin'. It is Jacksonville State I suppose. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Is dantonio ever happy during the game - looks like he is about ready to kill someone

+1 HS
Crumb's picture

Yeah Sparty is lookin good, Minny looked pretty good last night too!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Meanwhile JSU keeps shooting themselves in the foot

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Cook has put every ball tonight exactly where it's needed to be.  Impressed.

+2 HS
mb5599's picture

Jim Bollman sighting!!!!!

Big B

mb5599's picture

Jacksonville State or not............Sparty looks good on both sides of he ball.  Nov 8th is going to be a great game.

Big B

+1 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

Please do this versus 0regon. And don't do this versus the Bucks.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+6 HS
BassDropper's picture

Michigan State is looking like the best team in the B1G. Up 3 TDs in the first quarter and moving the ball at ease. Cook is 7-7.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
mb5599's picture

That game with Oregon next week is going to be one of the best ones of the year.

Big B

chicagobuckeye's picture

Seems a bit early considering they are playing an FCS team and the only other two teams to play so far are Rutgers and Minny. Yet I will grant you they look good. I'd like to see how Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and OSU look tomorrow before we crown them.

mb5599's picture

I agree its early, but I have faith in sparty's d against oregon.  narduzzi will have a great game plan for oregon and now that they have an offense i like their chances.

Big B

swainpm's picture

They need to clean up a few things in that secondary if they want to beat Mariota. Hopefully the blown coverages are just a result of it being game 1. If they can get their DBs to stick on their guys a little better and play that option read mistake free they can beat ORE.

Rob Reese's picture

I understand it's just Jacksonville State and a small sample size, but I'm having a real difficult time finding any weakness on this MSU squad thus far.

+1 HS
lsjSnail's picture

Run game and pass D. Jacksonville is trying to run their QB when their receivers have been open. Jack St is getting push on the D line

+2 HS
tussey's picture

The run game.  

Crumb's picture

Is it wrong that I hate Jim Bollman with a passion because he choked so royally here and (so far) is a success in East Lansing?

mb5599's picture

It's ok to hate bollman.  I hate berts fat ass with every fiber of my being and my dog thinks I'm an ok guy .  Just let the bollman hate wash over you...................

Big B

Rjpfish2's picture

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/03/michigan_state_co-offens...

Bollman is just a Co-Coordinator at MSU. Dave Warner calls the plays. Bollman still sucks.

+3 HS
Crumb's picture

Thanks Fish, that makes me feel a little bit better.

bwherbert's picture

Sparty looks great. That being said, this game should never have been played. 

+1 HS
mb5599's picture

no, but this is how you beat down an inferior team.

Big B

+2 HS

Just for shits and giggles I saw Sparty's interior oline getting pushed back early on. After connecting on a couple of huge pass plays that seems to have disappeared though.

tussey's picture

No joke, their line needs to improve before they travel to Oregon next week otherwise it will be a long night for the offense.  Cook's superior play is what has allowed them to move the ball, however he has not had a ton of time back there.

+1 HS
mb5599's picture

"Johnny Connor football"????

Big B

Poison nuts's picture

FCS team being played aside, MSU looks good. Flawless execution, no mistakes...credit where due - they have a solid team.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
TheShookster's picture

Michigan State looks good but let's see how they play next week

tussey's picture

MSU has looked very good in the passing game, it will be interesting to see what happens against better coverage.  In the plays that I've seen, they have looked underwhelming in the running game.  They are playing Jacksonville State, they should have their way with them in rushing the ball and they have not done that thus far.  It seemed like there weren't really any holes for Langford to run through.

USMA_BUCK's picture

I agree they've looked good, but shouldn't they? They're playing an FCS team...joe bauserman could look solid against an FCS team

Go Army! Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Crumb's picture

Very good point, in the start of 2011 we squashed Akron 49-0 with Bauserbomb leading the way

SpielmanForPres's picture

How much can be learned at home against Jacksonville St??

+1 HS
TheShookster's picture

Big Ten halftime crew basically already crowning these guys champions...fine with me

teddyballgame's picture

They're doing what everyone expects...next week is what really matters

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Correct Teddy - if the game was tight and close then the B1G's perception would be even lower than it already is in the media.

JohnnyKozmo's picture

I really want MSU undefeated come November.  

TheShookster's picture

Don't call it a comeback...lol

lsjSnail's picture

MSU better hope they stay healthy, they are struggling to run against that FCS D-line. 1st team LG getting banged up.

swainpm's picture

The announcers pointed out the FCS D line is composed of a Bama, Auburn and Tenn transfer. Sure they arent still at those programs, but I wouldn't be so flippant to dismiss it.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

It is Jacksonville State, so I don't know how much we can deduce from last night.  45-7 is quite good but not particularly Earth shattering.  Next week will tell the real story on Sparty. 

Class of 2010.