College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

South Carolina(#9) vs. Texas A&M(#21) on sec network at 6p.m.

Groveport Heisman's picture
August 28, 2014 at 5:50pm
108 Comments

Wow I had no clue this game was even on but what a chance to check out what should be an exciting game. I didnt even know I had this channel on TW cable and I cant find a HD version but on channel 336 in Hamilton,Ohio some big boy football is about to kick off.

BigZ's picture

Yeah, still at work. Went to watch it on the WATCHESPN app and apparently it is not available on the app for TWC customers. Awesome start to the CFB season!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

It's really too bad that this game is on the SEC network. Now I have to listen to the "SEC is the best conference ever" talk. 

+2 HS
Onionballz's picture

Ugh plus Musberger and Palmer....

Yeah Baby! - KK

+6 HS
biggy84's picture

Weez got owr oyn chanil! SEC!

+6 HS
Poison nuts's picture

You see what happens Larry...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS
HighBallAce's picture

This is why inbreeding should be outlawed.....lol

+2 HS
Onionballz's picture

That is horrifying.

Yeah Baby! - KK

+1 HS
KBonay's picture
+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

This gif works two ways.

+3 HS

Might get to see 2  over ranked sec teams lose tonight. Hopefully Boise st. can pull off some early season magic.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Rob Reese's picture

I can't seem to find the channel from my cable provider. Now I know what a heroin addict must feel like as I frantically try to determine if I even have the channel...............mild hand tremors..sweating..impulsive emotions and reactions...grr

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

I know on DirecTv it is right below the B1G network.  (Where it belongs)

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

Who's your Cable Provider? One of us may have it (and be able to tell you the channel #). Then again, by now you've likely found it haha.

I like the Game Cocks by 10-plus. Who you got?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Off the top of my head without any real "studying" the game, that sounds about right. TAMU lost a metric ton of offense. I'll take those Cocks by 12 (insert obligatory SCAR innuendo here).

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Well, it's nice to see that I made the right career decision and not pursue professional gambling.

+1 HS

Wow aTm looks dangerous early.~~And when I say dangerous I mean if you watch the WR's they look to have a guy wide open every single play and their young QB seems to not be missing a beat although he did over shoot a pass for a wide open receiver down the sideline.

-1 HS
KBonay's picture

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

+12 HS

7-0 aTm on opening drive and on the road.

KBonay's picture

Damn efficient drive too.  1 incomplete pass.  Everything else was positive gain.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

A&M has no chance without Johnny Football.......maybe not. That looked easy.

+1 HS
904buckeye's picture

I'm in the southeast and can't even watch this because of this ridiculous SEC NETWORK!

GO BUCKS. BEAT MISSAGAIN

+2 HS

Holy crap man this aTm defense looks legit. If it wasnt for that close penalty would have been 3 and out.

FROMTHE18's picture

looks legit? how? South Carolina's offense looks terrible

+3 HS

Well both pretty much go hand in hand don't they? Theyhave challenged every single throw and stuffed every run,what else do they need to do?

FROMTHE18's picture

they've played one series, and South Carolina's QB looks like crap. 

RunningFree's picture

Probably helps that SC's quarterback is tossing some Bauserman-level gems.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

Easy now, it was the first series their D has played all year.  I wouldn't exactly jump the gun and call them legit so soon.  Maybe wait a few games.

+1 HS

I used the wrong term..By legit I meant compared to last years defense, that they legit look better. Last year Rice was scoring 3 TD's on just the first possession that was how bad it was.

-1 HS
Onionballz's picture

wow SC really looks like a top ten team early!

Yeah Baby! - KK

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Hmmm.  I can hear it already.  USC not over-rated, but A&M underrated...

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

South Carolina at #9, yet another demonstration at how bs the poll have become 

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

If they lose they fall to 12 and A&M vaults to 10.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

JohnnyKozmo's picture

you've given the pollsters way too much credit.  SC will still be ranked ahead of T&AM

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

South Carolina is always a National Championship contender - In August.

+1 HS
nikolajz1's picture

Man I hope we give JT free reign to make throws against Navy like Hill with A&M. 

We can't be boring and conservative like we were all of last year. 

-1 HS
Findog5's picture

Thank god for the mute button. 

NCFinn

+1 HS
DrSpaceman's picture

Refreshing to be reminded that A&M is more than just Johnny Manziel... something we should all keep in mind as we begin the season with J.T. at the helm.

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

so pollsters think OSU without Braxton isn't as good as South Carolina?...

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Why is Palmer even talking about Kyle Allen being a 50-50 starter when Hill is killing it right now.  Idiot.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Kenny Hill is my dark horse Heisman. Calling it right now. Sumlin, like Urban, has a system where QBs can put up huge numbers.

Also: A&M is my dark horse for the playoffs. Through 1 drive of football, their defense looks nasty.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
dwcbuckeye's picture

Tossed you an upvote Bass.  Not sure why the DVs.  Oh and The game is over your looking like a genius

Regardless of this game or outcome... I'm just glad FOOTBALL is officially backkkkk!!!  Saturday can't come soon enough.

mb5599's picture

The #9 team in the country has 1 yard with 5:07 left in the 1st qtr..................(dry heave).................................................

Big B

NashBuckeye's picture

10-0. S. Carolina better hope last year's A&M Defense shows up soon

+2 HS

Right on cue!

KBonay's picture

If you had to drink for every time the say 'SEC' you would be in rehab by the 3rd quarter.

+3 HS
Findog5's picture

Great sec defense?????

NCFinn

-1 HS

Another example of peeps always jumpin' the gun.  S Carolina will be fine.  It's the first game of the year.  First few series of course they'll have some up and downs.  Just because they give up 10 quick points doesn't mean they're vastly overrated.   Aren't they one of only 3 teams to finish top-10 the last 3 years?

-1 HS
sbentz4's picture

Regardless of the outcome of this game, SEC east still sucks.

Findog5's picture

According to Palmer, every running back on the field is a violent runner....

NCFinn

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

Myles Garrett -- really wanted that dude to take an OSU OV.

+1 HS
CCatanzaro's picture

There's that SEC defense...  

Dairy-fed intellect and pure, unhinged sass.

-1 HS

Going to be a pretty high scoring game.

-1 HS
KBonay's picture

Crazy thing is, none of these  passes have been 'incredible'.  Just poorly defended.  That was a duck there that hung up.  Just no defender in site.

+1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

This looks like an old-time WAC shootout. 42-38 anyone?

+1 HS

South Carolina does not have a defense or offense good enough to be ranked anywhere in the top 10.

+2 HS
lljjgg's picture

Jermaine Eluemunor sighting! Think there's still a chance he flips.

+2 HS

Refs keep bailing USCe out. Game would be out of hand without them making sure you know they are there.

buckeye4life050233's picture

I really wish they would call that offensive pass interference when it is the offensive player initiating the contact and the defender really did nothing wrong

+1 HS

No shit,on the replay they clearly showed the offensive WR trying to push off first. I think those PI calls are trying to save USCe from being completely embarrassed.

sbentz4's picture

No way this qb stays healthy for sc. He is getting crushed.

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

He's already made it longer than Connor Shaw ever did.

+1 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

wow this could be over at half time

Buckeye Knight's picture

South Carolina way overrated again.

+1 HS

aTm 31 USCe 14 - at halftime. I'm shocked by how solid aTm looks on both sides of the ball.

+2 HS

Hmm, I stand corrected.  Hill may throw for 600 yards on them!

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Tebow sighting! Glad he landed a job somewhere in football.  He is a hard worker and will do well as an analyst, even if it's for the SEC network.

+1 HS

Almost all of USCe yards came on 2 huge pass plays. One was a legit blown coverage and the other was  just a faster WR matched up against a (last years Armarni Reeves) type of deal with a perfect pass. Both of those scoring drives for USCe were kept alive from phantom P.I. calls from the refs. This game could very easily be 41-0 or something similar if it wasnt for the refs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Espin will have Kenny Hill as the Heisman front runner by late tonight. Not hating on the kid at all because as far as I can tell he might be a even better QB then Manziel.

-1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

The sad thing is that USC will still be ranked in the top 20 after this disaster....

#SEC

LEBRON

+4 HS
KBonay's picture

A&M wins, who thinks they inherit USC's rank (#9)

+3 HS

Nah they will use them pummeling the #9 team on the road as reason to put them in the top 5.

-1 HS
BuckeyeMike74's picture

I pray JT can look half (ok 100%) as good as the A&M QB. He is distributing the ball very well. 

+3 HS
Mush's picture

Carolina pulling a Carolina

+2 HS

Man I have to honestly say I thought aTm losing the 3 first round picks would take a big step back on offense ,but they honestly look twice as good.

I would play 6 defensive backs, 1 LB, and 4 DE's against this aTm attack.

buckguyfan1's picture

INT Boise!  Wait, wrong thread.

+2 HS

38-14 aTm folks...And it isnt no where near as close as the score indicates.

OSU069's picture

Has South Carolina played any defense? They are absolutely getting their asses kicked at home.

+1 HS

Wow another Bullshit PI penalty to save USCe.

I have noticed over the last few years that when 2 ranked sec opponents face off the refs will  usually side with the team that is down big. I think they want it to be a close game at the end so the losing team doesnt drop far and the winning team gets more credit for beating a better opponent. It gives off the mirage that every game is a close hard fought game by two very tough opponents. This game should be completely out of hand but instead its 38-21 aTm.

45-21 aTm for those that  are not watching.

-1 HS
lljjgg's picture

Thanks for the update! Flipped over to Boise State v Ole Miss game about 30 mins ago myself -- at least it's competitive.

Off topic... but man, it seems like it's been forever since we've had a QB throw for over 300 yards in a game...

+2 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

What a clinic on how to play Offense! Or how NOT to play D.

+3 HS

USCe has had a very solid D for years and years. This has to be one of the more dangerous offenses in all of college football. I would love for tOSU to adapt some of the aTm principles which I heard they consulted about  in the off season.

45-28 aTm 2:38 left in the 3rd.

Seattle Linga's picture

And now they get the ball back

+1 HS
My buck's picture

This is why I want to barf when I hear, " The Buckeyes only play one ranked team this year."  How the fu€k do they know?!

+5 HS

One thing is for sure and that is Alabama's strength of schedule just got a lot tougher. This aTm squad might take that division hands down if they can consistently stop the run like they have tonight.

+2 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Huge INT! Good thing no defender came within 2 yds. of the WR or guess what dem' SEC fishulls would have done?

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Anyone else see the commercial for the fried bologna with Velveeta sandwich on a homemade biscuit on the SEC Network? Haha.

+2 HS

Wow man I have watched every snap and USCe is lucky to have 21 oftheir 28 points from really touchy refs calling P.I. This is not a easy place to win let alone blow the doors off a top ten opponent. It exposes USCe but also shows just how good this aTm squad might be. I would equate this to Wisky coming in and steam rolling us in the shoe the first week of this season. The B1G fans would think the badgers are National title bound.

-1 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

I think all of the Johnny Football hype has hidden the fact that Sumlin is a great Offensive Coach. Everywhere he has been the QB has been great.

+4 HS

Final score of aTm 52 USCe 28 but from watching every snap it should have easily been a 66-10 type of deal.It was complete domination  like I cant remember from a top ten team on their home turf. This also shows Johnny Cash was in a system and he might not be what he was cracked up to be. Kenny Hill didnt turn the ball over or throw one of those notorious jump balls all game. He looked sharp as hell. He might actually be a Heisman front runner is he can keep up this type of play. Broke Manziels record and threw for 511 yards and 3 TD's in his first game ever played. Also the freshman WR Speedy Noil looked like a serious legit weapon. He dropped one or two passes but made up for it by blowing by the defensive backs on almost every play. Folks here will remember him from the Opening last year where he put on a show. Both kids are legit.

Baroclinicity's picture

I'm watching the Browns preseason game...Johnny has made some impressive plays.  Granted, not against the Bears first team defense, but definitely good to watch.  Jury is still out.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Wow.  Texas A&M is better without Johnny Football.  If the Buckeyes can do that this season without Braxton Miller, I would be very happy.  Then of course Braxton comes back next year and the Buckeyes are even better yet.  Wreck some bitches and bring home some hardware!

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

The Longhorns will never schedule A&M again.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Impressive score for A&M or just terrible performance by S.C. or maybe a little of both.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS

Considering USCe has won 34 of their last 37 home openers and finished in the top ten the last 3 seasons I would say a little bit of a combination of USCe being highly over rated and aTm being extremely under rated. aTm is legit as a team. Their defense looked pretty mean and nasty on both the pass and run and if isnt wasnt for some horrible pass interference calls they might have held USCe under 10 points.

Toilrt Paper's picture

Maybe the PAC 12 is overrated 

Not sure what 2 sec teams being opposite of what their ranking showed has to do with the PAC 12 but I'm open to listen. I would think with them returning almost every single good QB from a solid conference last year that the Pac was probably the best conference.

-1 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

It's South Carolina, not Southern California.

KBonay's picture

The bad news in all of this - Kirk probably just saw a pass-happy offense (60 attempts) spread the ball all over the field. 

+3 HS
Alhan's picture

It was so easy to cheer TA&M on with no Manziel there. Now if the talking heads would just shut up about him...

"Nom nom nom" - Brady Hoke

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

I loved watching this game. Texas A&M was breaking in a young new QB that spread the ball to a deep roster of athletic receivers. Although the ran less than I would have liked, they clearly figured out how to beat them in the air. Anyways, like A&M, we are being lead by a QB that has yet to start a collegiate game but have a wealth of young talent at the skill positions. And that's exciting! Because that offense kicked ass all game long! To think that that could be the style of play that Ohio State unleashes on Saturday gives me goosebumps. Also, with the depth we have at RB, we may be better spread offense because of it.

+2 HS
Jeeves's picture

So ATM vaults to number 2 and uscE drops to 10?

+1 HS