College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Will you be watching No. 21 Texas A&M at No. 9 South Carolina?

OSUStu's picture
August 28, 2014 at 11:26am
25 Comments

Although I hate to support the SEC Network, I NEED to start watching football as soon as humanly possible.  It is the first game of the night at 6 p.m. and the season, not including a couple of FCS games.  This is really a smart move by the SEC and the SEC Network if the early start was scheduled for this purpose.

I do not get the SEC Network with my UVerse 200 cable package.  I believe you have to get the 300 package if you live in a non-SEC state.  Does anyone know if you will be able to access the game through WatchESPN.com if your package does not include SEC Network?

Buckeye Knight's picture

I hate the SEC crap, too, but I will watch a good game, and that should be a good game.  I'll be watching for sure.

InTressITrust's picture

I will probably be at a bar at that time for other reasons so will probably catch some of the game. I refuse to turn onto that network myself.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Does a one legged duck swim in circles?

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Trick question, it swims in water!

+13 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
Dongbrake44's picture

I would watch pee-wee football if it were on tonight. I can't wait!!!

GO BUCKS!!!

+1 HS
buckeyewiseman's picture

From what I have understood, SEC Network games ARE available to watch on WatchESPN. I'm assuming I could watch it on my iPad through the app, but I could be mistaken.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Thanks.  I guess I will know for sure at 6 p.m. tonight.  

I like to stream from my laptop.  Then I can put it up on the big screen with an HDMI cable.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

OSUStu's picture

Appears this game is not available on WatchESPN unless the SEC Network is part of your cable package.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

lljjgg's picture

Just a heads up for anyone here with Time Warner Cable, I'm getting this message when I try to do the WatchESPN option:
"The SEC Network on WatchESPN is currently not available to Time Warner Cable customers"

Was planning to watch it on my android tablet as well. Weird considering I do actually get the SEC Network via my cable (i.e. on my actual TV), I just didn't originally plan to watch it there.

EDIT (also for TWC subscribers): Didn't work through the Watch ESPN option for me, but it was one of the channels (SEC Network) available for me via the Time Warner Cable app on my tablet.

sb97's picture

I will watch.  I am a fan of college football.

TURD_BUCKET's picture

Ditto. I LOVE college football. I like to scout the competition.

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

BassDropper's picture

I've been looking forward to this game for a week. It's weird how excited I am to watch two SEC teams and Minnesota play a D1aa team.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

Yes and BEARS/Browns.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
sjOH1OSt's picture

Does a bear crap in the woods? 

"Baby Godfather"

AndyVance's picture

Also, if you upgrade your U-verse package to the U300 to get the CBS Sports Network for our game Saturday, it will also include the SEC Network. Plus, if you upgrade right now, you'll get a $50 gift card if you keep the package for 30 days.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Is it college football?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Have a hard time watching the sec on espn probably not I will be watching the pro's.

PittBuckeye's picture

I refuse to watch the SEC network, so no.

Whoa Nellie's picture

I predict, based on what I've seen on ESPN2 while flipping through the channels, that ESPN/SEC is going to experience a major backlash from its overkill.  There are a few college football fans outside of the South, and all of them will be up-chucking at the wall-to-wall fawning.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Yeah I want to see if Spurrier's newest strategy works.  See below.

https://vine.co/v/M0mwJrVnHg3

Go Bucks!

apack614's picture

Naw haha, I'm listening to massilon vs. Perry right now!

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

brunstar's picture

I'll watch paint dry before I ever turn on the ESPiN Ridiculous Conflict of Interest (SEC) Network.