College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Michigan's Scrimmage Tonight

305Buck's picture
August 16, 2014 at 8:53pm
49 Comments
305Buck's picture

Nice to see Nuss has that offense flowing perfectly. Bama should have never let this guy go, what a steal for Michigan.

+9 HS
BassDropper's picture

To be fair, with Borgess the longest run would have been -2 yards #progress

DIRECTIONER

+20 HS
305Buck's picture

Good point, but they would have still had Harris. Harris & Borges > Nuss & Weber imo.

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I remember tabulated stats when they had that two or three game stretch with no running yards...I rushed for more yard. Carlos Hyde ran for more yards (yes, they're on a bye week), etc...

Good times

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
brunstar's picture

That's a whole +7 yards of hypothetical improvement! 

GoBucksOSU's picture

Brilliant, I suppose when you were running for -2 yards and now run for 5 yards that is big improvement. lol

rdubs's picture

There is this though, Peppers appears to be legit:

+4 HS
305Buck's picture

Peppers is absolutely legit, man I would have loved for that kid to be a Buckeye.

+4 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

He's so legit that if there were a position called "legit", he would play that too.

LEBRON

+21 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

...And if he was too legit..then he could never quit.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+16 HS
osu407's picture

The key statement being "on this team"

+14 HS
THE's picture

Amen. I'm sure he looks boss covering some dog shit WRs with a turrible QB. 

Drivin > Disco > Drivin.
To the people in the bathroom, how's it going in there?

+11 HS
jkrk's picture

Wish they'd line him up against C'sonte York and not give York any pads.

+8 HS
sox33osu's picture

And then after defending him, they bring a dude from the hockey team to slug him blindsided in the jaw. That would be cool.

FitzBuck's picture

Wow their defense must be amazing to hold that juggernaut of an O line in check...

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+5 HS
Fatpants's picture

Seriously folks, don't ever be afraid of the guy that got run out of town so Saban could hire Lane Kiffin. 

+6 HS
edr4225's picture

its packed!!!! lol 

lets go bucks!!

+17 HS
jkrk's picture

That's got to be the largest bug in the United States.

+25 HS
Fatpants's picture

It's probably got two picks off Gardner already

+25 HS
Habu71's picture

Good eye, JKRK. Not sure if I'm just getting old or was to distracted by all those spectators in the big dumpster fire  house. 

+3 HS
SilverState's picture

It can't even stand to look at the disaster that is ttun.

+2 HS
southbay's picture

It's pathetic.

Edit:  Of course, I was referring to what is going on in the picture, not the bug.

+6 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

If we had a live night scrimmage tonight in Columbus the place would be packed. what a sad picture. I'm assuming this was open to the public??

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+3 HS
Fatpants's picture

Holy shit why even turn the lights on for that garbage?

+4 HS
klm42005's picture

they are claiming they had 25,000 fans....looks like 250 to me.  Must be *ichigan counting at its finest.

+6 HS
M Man's picture

25,000 might be right.  I was there; that picture isn't representative and I think is later in the proceedings.  Play started at 8:00 which is about an hour later than it should have been.  I left early (probably before that picture), and I still got home at 11:30.  

Anyway; yeah it was like a Spring Game crowd and we know that for Spring Games, Michigan draws 20,000 and OSU draws 70,000.  Michigan fans missed a nice night, since the rain very kindly held off until after it was over.

+6 HS
Oyster's picture

Actually the bug tells us what time it is.  That species is a daytime feeder and typically goes into hiding right after nightfall.  With that being the case, and the bug still being there, I would guess it's about 8:47pm.  Which means that the picture is probably very accurate as to the attendance, unless 23,000 people all decided to go to the bathroom at the same time, obviously...

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+6 HS
HandsOfSweed's picture

Agent Reed from the FBI's BAU dep't, I presume?

+2 HS
clogan1032's picture

Nah, that's Jack Hodgins, works at the Jeffersonian. 

bigbadbuck's picture

Did Missagain win?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

They did but it went into three OT's

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I was at the Maryland scrimmage today, I'm very sure we had more people than M!chigan did.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+3 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture

You guys, we really shouldn't laugh at the attendance figures.  Fire codes are there to make sure that those people are protected; each spectator needs at least five empty rows around them to ensure they can exit the stadium safely if anything bad happens.

Proud alumnus of the Ohio State Creative Writing MFA Program.  Creator of the writing craft site Great Writers Steal.

+5 HS
703Buckeye's picture

It also gives Hoke a clear path to the concession stands when he needs a bite (or ten) to eat.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture

All this time I thought it was because Hoke needed a clear path to the Men's Room?

jkrk's picture

You're thinking of JoePa.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

There has to be fire codes to go along with the dumpster fire that they have going on in that stadium up north.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
southbay's picture

What channel is the Appy State game going to be on?  lol

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Great minds think a... Never mind + 1 for you, SIVA.

+1 HS
toledobuckeyefanjim's picture

Looks the guy at MGoBlog was right about the offense he's seen so far: Expect a lot of screen passes. Gardner will have to throw 50 passes every game to win. The running game and O-line are nonexistent.

southbay's picture

The running game and O-line are nonexistent.

How can they be worse than last season?  Except for Funchess, the receivers are inexperienced, so unless someone like Gallon steps up or until Jake Butt returns it's going to be even more difficult to be one dimensional.  We have seen what happens when Gardner loses his head.  Except, they got away with it against the Buckeyes, but that won't happen again.

sivaDavis's picture

Gallon is gone brother.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
southbay's picture

Yeah, my post was poorly worded, I mean that they need to find someone else like him on their roster.  But they didn't seem very deep last year.  I don't follow recruiting very closely so I don't know if there are any stud WRs waiting in the wings, as it were.

Of course, a lot can happen between now and November.  Buckeyes need to get past MSU and a bunch of other teams before TTUN.

+2 HS
robobuck's picture

The Bug House

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+2 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

The only ones they bug are Missagain fans

whiskeyjuice's picture

Doesn't appear to be anything for *ichigan to brag about.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes