College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Florida Star CB Hargreaves Injured...

305Buck's picture
August 7, 2014 at 9:17pm
20 Comments

During a team brawl at practice.

During the tenth practice period of Thursday night, Florida sophomore cornerback Vernon Hargreaves was seen limping badly and eventually was helped off the field by a pair of trainers. Afterwards, he was with an ice pack on his left knee.

It's not exactly sure how Hargreaves was hurt, or what the extent of the leg injury was, but it was noticed after a tackling drill between the defensive backs and the wide receivers turned into a scuffle on the field. Coaches had to separate the two position groups and it was then when Hargreaves was seen coming out of the pile limping.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Tampa, Fla. native started ten games as a true freshman last season where he earned third team all-American from the Associated Press.

Urbs fault obviously.

KingsRite's picture

Dagummit Urban!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Ahh those gators.... First, they block their own team and now they injure their best player during practice in a brawl. Oh, and they lost to GEORGIA SOUTHERN.

+3 HS
TheShookster's picture

GEORGIA SOUTHERN. Didn't our former backup Antonio Henton transfer there?

+2 HS
InTressITrust's picture

YES

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

Texasbucksfan's picture

They will blame Urban.

+1 HS
DudeNick4's picture

What a shame. He's a fantastic corner. But yeah... Seems to be some issues down in gainsville

+3 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Probably nothing big. Dumb post.

Buckeye fan from PA

-10 HS
rdubs's picture

Seems like all of the Florida media think it is a big deal, he couldn't put weight on it and seems really pissed:

+4 HS
jedkat's picture

It's pretty big if it's two entire units fighting each other. The team is literally tearing itself apart.

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

First the offensive line against each other, now WR against DB? What's next, is will muschamp gonna punch a coach?

-1 HS
rdubs's picture

I actually worry about something like this happening during the Oklahoma Drill that we do.  Hopefully the coaches help the kids realize that the hitting isn't personal so it doesn't boil over, but sometimes in the heat of the moment people react poorly.  Unfortunately a really talented player paid the price.

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

I see a lot of people on other sites saying that fights at training camp is pretty normal, but what about a brawl between two position groups? If it was two players then yeah I could understand, but two whole units? That's inexcusable.  

+3 HS
OSU069's picture

How are any of you guys going go to say that a fight between two whole units is normal? Especially when it injures your best player. I guarantee we won't see Braxton getting hurt because the QB's and WR's decided to fight the DB's.

CC's picture

Muschamp sucks, his attitude sucks, he just sucks.  I'm sure it rubs off.  I can imagine a scuffle, but not a brawl.

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Urbs fault obviously.

Classic.  But so true.

Buckeye Knight's picture

Saw a report that it's a "bone bruise" and he is day to day.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

So uh... Jerome, are you having any second thoughts before diving into that dumpster fire?

+5 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Ha Ha,I love it!!!

SECHATER77