College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

The New College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta

Sebastian's picture
August 4, 2014 at 3:34pm
17 Comments

The new 94,000-square-foot attraction opens in downtown Atlanta adjacent to Philips Arena and the Georgia Dome on Aug. 23—less than a week before the first of two Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games. The overwhelming theme of the facility is a new-school flavor of an old-school sport.

It's not your standard-issue museum—it's a fully-personalized, interactive, college football nirvana designed to offer unique and new experiences on every visit.

http://vimeo.com/100407668#embed

Orangeslash's picture

I'm from Atl, still visit all the time. Can't wait to see it!

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Why Atlanta?

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Evidently, because that is where all the shadow people live.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
CGroverL's picture

I'm noticing me giving you +1's all of the time....I was wondering the same thing. Was I the only one (I have a laptop with small shitty screen) that noticed a little too much Alabama stuff there? I hated it in South Bend, but I feel like it belonged there for some reason...and I'm Buckeye through and through. It was in South Bend, wasn't it before?

"I hope they're last in everything"

Thanks, Urb!

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Before South Bend it was next door to Kings Island.

Earle's picture

Thank you kindly, CGroverL.  I had the same thought about 'Bama, but I guess you have to give the devil his due.

Italics are for emphasis.

Seattle Linga's picture

Why Atlanta you ask? Because they had to pick a state in SEC country

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Yeah, okay...but still, I'd go with Tuscaloosa or someplace with significance to the game

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

FROMTHE18's picture

should have remained in South Bend. So stupid to move it. 

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

I was in Atlanta earlier this year and stayed in the Omni right next door.  I was so ticked that it was still under construction.  It would have been a great thing to do while skipping conference seminars.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Buckeye Knight's picture

Hopefully you don't have to show your SEC Fan Club card to get in.

+2 HS
CGroverL's picture

.....+1. I have always hated Atlanta and now I'm forced to go there. It is about 5 hours away if I drive fast enough.

Thanks, Urb!

CGroverL's picture

I was reading a different article when I saw a gorgeous woman's backside and something about the hall of fame and my dirty little mind made me click on it. Then I instantly picked up that I was clicking under "Recent Posts" and the wonderful pic I was looking at was Sebastian's avatar. Hell, maybe for a second I thought I was dialing up the hot booty hall of fame or something. I'm 41 and now a dirty old man. Women that come here, please forgive my mind that lays in gutters of all kinds, please. Pretty please?

Thanks, Urb!

Young_Turk's picture

This weekend I went to the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown.  I was very disappointed.  So unimaginative, so 19th century.  The "interactive fan experience" was sitting in an amphitheater with mostly radio broadcasts and wait for it, pin-point lights on the ceiling representing the night sky.  At the end, you got to sing "Take me out to the ball game".  Wow.  

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I hope they don't play the music that they did in the video inside the museum.  

Go Bucks!

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

My smart ass comment made me think.  They should play fight songs at the College Football Hall of Fame

Go Bucks!

Young_Turk's picture

This is how bad it was.  Rather then play the video of Kirk Gibson hitting his home-run on one leg, they showed a grainy, out of focus still of his face.