College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Jameis Winston stopped by police at gunpoint in 2012 incident

KB3RG's picture
July 31, 2014 at 10:17am
46 Comments
ECSAGESTER's picture

I'm at the point where I will believe anything said about Jameis Winston. Anything and everything is fair game. 

+6 HS
BuckeyeBBD's picture

The headlines that surround this guy make me feel like I'm reading The Onion.

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+17 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

squirrel and crab legs, the new PB&J!!!!!

+10 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I think those in the college football community that have a say in the Heisman process should ask themselves, if it comes to this, do we really want this guy in the record books along side Archie Griffin?

The award, to me, is diluted already. But I'd hate to lose respect for it altogether.

Just my $.45

+21 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

$.45? Is inflation really that bad??

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+10 HS
Hovenaut's picture

It can be.

I can still afford crab legs though, so that's a plus.

+16 HS
Maestro's picture

How many crab legs can you afford?

vacuuming sucks

Hovenaut's picture

Just enough - there's a local joint (Maryland living is pretty cool) that has a great all you can eat deal. The Mrs. isn't much of a seafood fan, so it's been awhile since I've been.

Usually good for two buckets (they come with plenty of fixin's), plus a couple cold ones to wash them down.

Anyone passing near Frederick, Maryland in the mood for good seafood, I highly recommend May's (not far from either I-70 or I-270):

http://www.maysrestaurant.com/

+5 HS
OSUStu's picture

That is about the going rate for a squirrel pelt these days.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Oyster's picture

Why do you think 'lil Johnny didn't win a second?  His off field actions last summer sealed his fate before he even took the first snap last season.  Winston is doing the same thing.  No worries here.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Agree - but it also didn't help JF that TAMU football took a step back last year. If FSU stays in the title hunt, and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't, Winston will remain in the Heisman discussion.

+4 HS
Oyster's picture

Discussion, yes.  Winner, my gut says no.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Winston's gut says "Those crab legs were mighty tasty"

Italics are for emphasis.

+11 HS
Oyster's picture

Trying to hijack another thread I see.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

I prefer to think of it as liberating threads.

+4 HS
Oyster's picture

The Allies liberated Europe, you liberated Joy (why in the world you would we will never know), and you hijack threads.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Earle, if you are truly 9er...my head is going to explode! Ha!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

It was well placed, Earl(e).

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

I don't think they will take the one he has back, but no way he will get another one.  Heisman Trust won't allow that.

TheBadOwl's picture

Fair enough, I guess my perspective is a bit different. I'm over all of the sanctimonious bullshit that people say about the Heisman, or about any award.

Had the Tallahassee PD not completely botched (perhaps intentionally) the sexual assault allegation, I'd say that's serious enough to warrant not giving him consideration for another Heisman, or taking away his first one. But the crab legs and bb gun stuff? Who cares how immature the kid is, if he's the best player in the country, he deserves the award.

Like with Johnny Football. Sure, he probably got booster money. Happens everywhere. Sure, he might seem like a douche. But who cares? Dude deserved his Heisman. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

So you believe that Winston's performance best exhibited the pursuit of excellence with integrity?

+6 HS
OSU069's picture

Honestly, this doesn't really matter. I think shooting squirrels is a pretty common thing that boys do in the south. He was just using a BB gun. I'm not sure why they would have to hold him at gunpoint.

-1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Shooting squirrels isn't the problem I don't think.  A lot of those BB guns resemble real weapons-haven't you seen National Lampoons Vacation to Wally World???

+7 HS
faux_maestro's picture

That's not a real gun is it Clark....

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

+5 HS
Oyster's picture

My kids have a pellet gun that looks like a 9MM, especially if it's at night.  I completely understand why that would happen to anyone.

+3 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Those guns are made to be exact replicas of a specific model of handguns.   I use one for practice because it has the feel of my real handgun and I can practice at home.  With that said, all of those guns have an orange barrel extension which is supposed to differentiate them but if I were a cop I would take no chances.      These are actually airsoft guns, rather than metallic BB guns so shooting squirrels will only injure them.  Depending on the shot placement the animal may crawl off and die a slow painful death.   I am a hunter so I am not a leftist animal rights activist, and I am no fan of squirrels but I don't believe any animal should have to endure something like that.   

+5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

People seem to forget that Winston is from Alabama. This is common down there.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

The common Florida grey squirrel:

+6 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

CAN WE GET TO FOOTBALL SEASON ALREADY!

AN INCIDENT FROM 2012!  2012!!!!

+4 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

It's the Tallahassee PD we are talking about.  I wouldn't be surprised if we get breaking news about Lee Corso running naked around campus from when he was there.

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I wouldn't be surprised if we get breaking news about Lee Corso running naked around campus from when he was there.

The difference is that this would actually be news...

Squirrel Master's picture

Squirrels?????????

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+11 HS
Hovenaut's picture

They usually don't stay around junkyards very long.

+2 HS
Fatpants's picture

F#&ked Squirrel University!!!!

+1 HS
FairfaxBuckeye's picture

Why is USA Today reporting this 2 years later?

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Because USA Irony is a terrible name for a news service.

+4 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Obviously neither FSU nor the local police will take any action against this kid.  We need to forward this article to PETA and turn them loose on him for shooting squirrells with BB guns.   They will take action.  

+3 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Jimbo Fisher was on ESPN this week ( I think) talking about FSU and JW.   He said that Jameis is one of the smartest players he has ever dealt with.   He said that "when you tell him something and he puts it in the "computer" (his head), he never forgets."    He said that even if they don't deal with that item for another four weeks, he will have remembered it perfectly.   If we are to believe that I think it is a real shame that people in his past have never told him that he had to pay for things he takes, or that he should not break the windows of his apartment complex with BBs.   If they had, you would have thought that it would have remained in the "computer" of one of the smartest kids Jimbo has ever seen.   

I think what is in the "computer" is that he can do any damn thing he pleases and someone will clean up after him.   

+7 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

someone needs to run a virus scan of that computer. I think it is infected!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+5 HS
Fatpants's picture

Jimbo Fisher is full of shit.

+3 HS
bucks_4_life's picture

Let's just blame urban!

The juice is worth the squeeze

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I'm so tired of this guy.  

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
JOhio1560's picture

Is it too early to define James Winston as Johnny Manziel p.2?

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

FUqUespin's picture

Winston will not win two Heisman's.  And he will not win another NC.  He's not that good.

+1 HS