College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Arrest Warrant Issued For 5 Star WR Darnell Saloman

305Buck's picture
July 23, 2014 at 9:41am
35 Comments

For dorm burglary after visiting UGA. He's a 2016 5 star WR. Kid supposedly entered an unlock suite of two female students and stole an iPhone 5, wallet containing cash and credit cards.

UGA really has a lot of kids getting in trouble year in and year out, now a recruit who visits cant even stay out of trouble.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/suspect-in-uga-dorm-burglary-is-a...

VintonCountyBuck's picture

Ehh..  At least it wasn't crab legs

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+28 HS
ronbizi's picture

How silly!  If he had any patience, he could have gotten all of that for free and more during his SEC recruitments visits!!

+22 HS
Jeeves's picture

Did he do it with sec speed?

+28 HS
305Buck's picture

Yup... "By the time the police contacted UGA football administrators, the suspect had already left campus to return to Florida."

+7 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Well we know he will be attending a sec school after this little misunderstanding is taken care of.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+6 HS
Fatpants's picture

I got a spot for YOU son!

+30 HS
sharks's picture

We bag on the SEC, and rightfully so, but I'm pretty sure a Wisconsin recruit raped a student while on a visit last year...

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+20 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+4 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

what is even worst is that Anderson said he will still take a commitment from the player.

and I agree that this story shouldn't be a joke on the SEC. Its not UGA's fault a recruit doesn't know not to intrude on dorms. And its not UGA's fault that the dorm room was unlocked with nobody in it. I always made sure to lock my door, can't trust strangers.

the point from both of these stories are, LOCK YOUR DORM ROOM EVEN IF YOU ARE INSIDE! especially if you are a girl getting drunken texts from a guy you hooked up with before. Not saying its the girls fault by no means, just saying it could have helped her situation. Although she did act like she was friendly with the guy before he forced himself on her, so not like she knew he was going to attack her. shame!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
ULuvLucy's picture

I wonder what evidence shows that it could have been him, there's nothing in the article specifying why they suspect him. I'll refrain from forming an opinion until I read actual proof.

BrutusBlock O

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

What fun is it being pragmatic?  I bet you are a barrel of laughs ; )

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+3 HS
MacG91's picture

Im sure they have proof, I dont think the police would randomly pick a junior in high school as their suspect just because they need someone to pin it on. Police usually don't release evidence during an on going investigation and wait til the court hearing to release such information. 

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
Fatpants's picture

What kind of genius steals an iPhone? IT'S A TRACKING DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+12 HS
Boxley's picture

Apparently SEC recruits do!

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

He figured it couldn't track SEC speed.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS

My wife has an app on her phone where if you are trying to put the unlock screen code in the first time you do it wrong it starts snapping secret pictures and emails them to her account until the correct code is entered. Wonder if this scholar got caught with something similar. I'd love to see details. Maybe they gps'ed it all the way to his pocket while still on the visit.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+11 HS
Crimson's picture

Maybe they gps'ed it all the way to his pocket while still on the visit.

They found his info after he had left for Florida.

+2 HS

Wow thats my fault for trying to breeze through without paying attention. This guy entered an occupied dorm of 2 females and was ID'ed by the victims. The difference between entering a home or residence that is unoccupied and one where people are present is huge. Could be indicted on aggravated burglary charges or Home Invasion charges and do serious prison time for this offense.

+1 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Did it say how old he is? If he's only 16 he might luck out and get charged as a juvenile meaning prison might be off the table. Either way, his once promising football career is likely over or at the very least cause him to take a very different path.

-1 HS
Fatpants's picture

If he's really that good someone will take him. Cam Newton stole a laptop from another student at UF, and we all know how things worked out for him.

+3 HS
KeithMC33's picture

Wow that's awesome! Can you forward me the name of that app? Thanks!

+1 HS

I'm fairly sure its called "Lockwatch"...I remember she has had different apps on different phones as some work better with others(a quick google search of your phone type and provider) and vice versa. Its always a good idea to have a gps tracking device app installed on any smart phone,and most are free.

Edit: Staff if I violated some type of policy by providing help to this young man I apologize. Not sure if I was stepping on toes of another tied in company or something just noticed the DV's. Please let me know if I need to remove comment.Thanks Jason.

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Just because he had the girl's cell phone in his pocket doesn't mean he knows how it got there. We ARE still innocent until prpven guilty, right? ***smartphone sarcasm

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I really like Mark Richt and I think he will make the right decisions with the recruit going forward.

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

So u think he's going to take a team vote then?

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

No Way - Richt is not a follower of Les and Tricky Nick  

Whoa Nellie's picture

Not reported was that the recruit used the IPhone to tweet:  "I think I found the school for me!"

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+6 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Circumstantial evidence. He may have thought it was his cell he was using.

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

For all the crap Urban got about his time at Florida, Georgia had the most arrests in the SEC. People forget that.

Our Honor Defend!

+6 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

I still find it incredible that kids who are placed in a position to get a college education (of their choosing) for free, along with the other monetary and non-monetary benefits of being a college football player, do things to screw that up. 

+2 HS
mtrotb's picture

Looks like Auburn or Louisville for him now.

mtrotb

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

He's going to LSU, book it.

+1 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Has any of the LSU payers voted on this yet?

+5 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

But he's a 4.0 GPA student 

Go Bucks!

hit_the_couch's picture

He'll enroll in UGA and end up at Auburn.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS