College sports discussion.

Dayton's New Logo Looks Like VD

npeterson5's picture
July 19, 2014 at 8:20am
27 Comments
Any thoughts?

Venereal Disease

Knarcisi's picture

What was Gene Smith's budget, or bonus, to have that logo designed?

SilverBullet-98's picture

That "D" is really "Fyin" now !! Becareful!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

OnlyOne's picture

Alum of UD, Wright State, and OSU.  Hate it.  Where is the blue?  The V shaped thing a wing?  I think they are trying to combine the modern delta wing - V shape - with the biplane wing of the Wright Brothers - the white horizontal lines?  Modern, yet with tradition!

whiskeyjuice's picture

I had to look up the old logocause I couldn't remember what it looked like. And yeah, I think they could have been a little more creative. 

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed 100% Juice - the more I think about it - it looks like the marketing department put it together in about 20 minutes without a lot of thought. 

FROMTHE18's picture

looks a little like the previous Penguins logo with the 'wings', not sure about the odd shaped lettering of the 'D'

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Fitting that it looks like VD...

thowen79's picture

I don't get it...???

gumtape's picture

VD: you have to get "it" to get it.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+9 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well played Gum - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thowen79's picture

Haha! I get the VD thing...I mean NOT that I got "it"...I just don't get the new logo...lol

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

VD MAKES YOU WANT TO CLAP!!!

+5 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

and jump and shout

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

Why couldn't they do the exact same thing, but put a U in there too?  Now they need penicillin.

+1 HS
TheShookster's picture

A lot of the students and alumni hate it, it's hilarious. Loved my time at UD; a wonderful four and a half years, but man I have just never liked the basketball program and now that they've got VD it's hilarious.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Here is their full get up.

I liked the older Dayton Flyers with the lines.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

They should have used that old logo on the bottom, and just add a wing or wings to it.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Why does the D have a nose?

EazyDoesIt's picture

Too much corporate. Not enough collegiate.

+1 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture

Looks like they took a flier from the Philadelphia Flyers logo.

+1 HS
buckeyebfd's picture
Awaiting the VD test results
+3 HS
Bourbon Meyer's picture

On second look, I kinda like it now.  To TheShookster, how could you have gone to UD and not liked the basketball program?

That's UD's signature sport.

airbuckeye's picture

Been here for five years now since moving from Columbus and still have no damn idea where the campus boundaries are. It does not look as though it is a very big campus or even close to it and the strip really has nothing on it and only about 3 blocks long.

But i do like it here in Dayton nice and quite at least where im at it is and lots of places to drop a line in the water and just relax.