College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

"How Michigan Football's Greed Alienated Fans..."

11UrbzAndSpices's picture
June 24, 2014 at 9:07am
27 Comments
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

This has been a part of numerous discussions in recent weeks but I still like to read about their demise.  If Ohio State doesn't watch their asses they may be next and that can be said for a lot of schools.

UrbzRenewal's picture

Ohio State sold 29000 ticket packages, an increase over the previous two years. What do you mean?

+1 HS
s.pasadena fl's picture

It's sta rting to fall apart at Michigan!  This should have never happened? The football program could hit bottom real quick!

Ed Hopper

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Earle's picture

I thought it was the crappy product on the field that was alienating fans.

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

And this probably didn't help their cause, lol.........

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

BierStube's picture

I actually thought the lack of quality tailgating was alienating fans.

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

They suck.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Apparently the students are not as enthusiastic about being a wolverine as Chris Clark is.....

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

zacisone's picture

Clark hasn't had to watch them AND pay to do it. SMH

Zacisone

bigbadbuck's picture

This once again shows the difference between what big corporations want (every last cent they can make) vs what the consumer wants (common sense/ fairness at a decent price). I'm not saying Missagain is a corporate entity but they have taken on the attributes of such with an ex corporate executive running the show.

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Perhaps they should bring in a "Michigan Man" to run things?  Oh, wait...

In all honesty, think about it.  The writing was on the wall when Brandon couldn't get either Miles or Harbaugh to take the job.  I could see one of them declining due to circumstances in their life at the time, but both of them?  They both played for Bo and Miles even coached for him.  Why would they both say no?  There has been talk all along that Brandon is a control freak, so that could be an answer.  If that played a part, it makes total sense why Hoke was hired.  This was a chance of a lifetime for him, even if it means being a lapdog for Brandon.  You can't run a college like you do a pizza shop, two completely different business models.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

You can't run a college like you do a pizza shop

Actually, you can't run either if you hire Brady Hoke.  

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

Hoke would eat up all the profits!

Gone ham, be back soon...

Earle's picture

Unless, of course, you are running it into the ground.

Oyster's picture

I heard you the first time. No need to repeat yourself.

Earle's picture

I've had the shakes ever since Johnny brought up the '95 Michigan game.

Oyster's picture

I figured you were already taking Beta Blockers for that?

hit_the_couch's picture

Didn't Brandon run Dominoes into the ground? Then someone else took over.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

I used to like Dominoes back in the day. It sucks ass now and I wont come close to it. Little Caesar's was beast too back when they forced you to take a free pizza for every one purchased. Caesar's modern version is still way better than Dominoe's though. 

Gone ham, be back soon...

hit_the_couch's picture

Little Caesar's was the shit back in the 80s when they sold pizza inside of K-mart.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

jamesrbrown322's picture

You know what students and fans really like? Winning!

You know what *ichigan has NOT been doing? Winning!

So I guess the article is right, *ichigan's NOT doing what their students and fans want.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Hurts even more when they lose on their own turf

Groveport_Buckeye's picture

ichigan football is similar to their economy. Time to annex them into Canada............

Joebobb's picture

But have no fear, Fireworks are in store for 2014