College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

B1G Announces 2015+16 Lax Tournament Sites

703Buckeye's picture
June 13, 2014 at 8:50am
6 Comments

The B1G announced the host sites for the first two years of both the men's and women's lacrosse tournaments. The top 4 (of 6) teams will play in a semi-final round, followed by a championship game two days later. In 2015, Maryland (men) and Rutgers (women) will host the tournaments; Johns Hopkins (men) and Northwestern (women) will host the 2016 games.

Just for a refresher, here are the B1G lax members...

Men:

Ohio State
Johns Hopkins
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland 
M!chigan

Women:

Ohio State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Maryland
Penn State
M!chigan

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=209520649

TraSmith4's picture

I hope LAX keeps growing in popularity it is a great game! 

+2 HS
703Buckeye's picture

It was the only North American sport to show a growth in participation over the last calender year.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I think lacrosse was a small reason Maryland was added to the B1G.  Maybe they see some future potential in the expansion of the game's popularity.  Makes sense to me.

"If you root for Michigan, the terrorists win."

+1 HS
beserkr29's picture

We should see the lax part of the B1G expand before too long. MSU was a varsity team for a long time before going club. And every B1G school has at least an MCLA team. Lacrosse is expanding greatly as a youth sport, especially out west. Should see a great deal more than six teams competing in the near future.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Good choices - Hopkins and College Park should definitely draw well.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

There's already a lot of buzz here (UMD) on campus and there are only a small amount of students taking summer classes. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS