College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

B1G Announces 2015+16 Lax Tournament Sites

703Buckeye's picture
June 13, 2014 at 8:50am
6 Comments

The B1G announced the host sites for the first two years of both the men's and women's lacrosse tournaments. The top 4 (of 6) teams will play in a semi-final round, followed by a championship game two days later. In 2015, Maryland (men) and Rutgers (women) will host the tournaments; Johns Hopkins (men) and Northwestern (women) will host the 2016 games.

Just for a refresher, here are the B1G lax members...

Men:

Ohio State
Johns Hopkins
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland 
M!chigan

Women:

Ohio State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Maryland
Penn State
M!chigan

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=209520649

TraSmith4's picture

I hope LAX keeps growing in popularity it is a great game! 

+2 HS
703Buckeye's picture

It was the only North American sport to show a growth in participation over the last calender year.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I think lacrosse was a small reason Maryland was added to the B1G.  Maybe they see some future potential in the expansion of the game's popularity.  Makes sense to me.

+1 HS
beserkr29's picture

We should see the lax part of the B1G expand before too long. MSU was a varsity team for a long time before going club. And every B1G school has at least an MCLA team. Lacrosse is expanding greatly as a youth sport, especially out west. Should see a great deal more than six teams competing in the near future.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Good choices - Hopkins and College Park should definitely draw well.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

There's already a lot of buzz here (UMD) on campus and there are only a small amount of students taking summer classes. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS