LSU CB Jalen Mills arrested for assault

1MechEng's picture
June 11, 2014 at 2:33pm
18 Comments
otrain2416's picture

Time for a team vote!

+19 HS
Crimson's picture

Mills arrested for assault, surprised team vote cannot replace jury vote.

hodge's picture

*EDIT: too slow

"LSU coach Les Miles has suspended Mills indefinitely"

Well, at least until the team votes him eligible for the fist game. 

+5 HS
Earle's picture

That's the beauty of an indefinite suspension.  It sounds like Les is coming down hard, but it really lasts only as long as he wants it to, which can't be long considering what we know of the Mad Hatter.

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You're sitting the bench kid........................

but only for a series or two

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Wonder how ESPN will spin this story ...

Urban Meyer is losing control of Les Miles's team.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+25 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Mindy Drayer know about this?

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+7 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Isn't there a rule that they are off the team until Mike the Tiger sees his shadow?

http://www.mikethetiger.com/index.php?display=tigercam

Looks sunny to me.

+4 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

He's going to be voted team captain down there.

GoBucksToledo's picture

LSU has had nine football players arrested in the past four years, according to an unofficial count last year by NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune. LSU was in the bottom half of the SEC in that category at the time.

In the bottom half of the SEC in that category at that time, really?  I wonder who was leading the pack and what their statistics were.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

To be fair, "bottom half" is sort of ambiguous as stated there. It could be mean bottom half as in the most.

I'd imagine they're also in the "bottom half" of teams that allowed the players to vote whether or not the starting RB should be allowed back on the team.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Wasn't noted above, but it was a woman that he hit.  A lot different than hitting a man or getting into a fight.

ESPN will likely spin this like she said something derogatory to him, like he wasn't playing Stanford football.

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

LSU and Georgia are fielding teams from with in the walls of correctional facilities.  Sad stuff. 

I'm just going to leave this right here as well...

http://www.redandblack.com/blogs/bulldog-player-s-vent-about-reaction-to...

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

TCOB_6's picture

Why didn't old Bobby tell us how he really feels?

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

There was a period where UGA had like 26 arrests in 3 years. I haven't kept track, but i'm sure they're still raking them in. Mark Richt actually kicks them off the team though.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

hit_the_couch's picture

12 arrests in 4 years really isn't a lot for a CFB team. I believe scUM has more than that in the same time frame.

Is he suspended indefinitely until the team can get together and vote on reinstating him or not?

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Jeeves's picture

But the LSU offenses almost always seem more egregious than other programs.

dcbucks's picture

Jordan Jefferson

Jeremy Hill 

Jalen Mills

I'm going to make the assumption that a lack of consequences makes it okay for LSU players to sucker punch people. I just can't wait for Les Miles to end up at Michigan. 

-1 HS