College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Top 50 BCS era players list

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
June 1, 2014 at 11:41am
6 Comments

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-50-college-football-players-bcs-era

• Glad to see Laurinaitis ahead of the overrated Posluszny, but Little Animal should be top 10, i.m.o.
  • Also think Troy Smith should at least be in the Next 50. That '06 season he had was magical and the second half of the '05 season he was awesome, but maybe it was too small a sample size.
  • I would also maybe switch Tebow for Young at the 1 spot.
  • Reggie Bush seems to be underrated on this list.
OSUStu's picture

It is really surprising that Troy isn't in the top 100. It seemed like every other Heisman trophy winner from the period was on there.

Also interesting that we had four players listed and three were LBs and all were defenders.

Edit: IMO Ricky Williams should be in the top five. Sean Taylor should be in the top 20 at the very least. And Cam Newton is way too low at 55 and being listed after McCarron is a joke.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

Make that 3/5 that were LBs. I missed Doss the first time.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Crumb's picture

Thing about Reggie Bush is the Pac-10 played worse defense then, than it does now (now they at least have Stanford). Beanie Wells and Terrelle Pryor should be on the top 100 somewhere, Hawk and Doss were way too low.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Buckeye Knight's picture

Katzenmoyer is one spot above Dat Nguyen, I bet Dat Nguyen is pissed again. Haha.

Way too high:

Teo

Laurinaitis (love the guy, but Hawk and Kat were better)

AJ McCarron

Way too low:

Katzenmoyer

AJ Hawk

Mike Doss

Troy Smith not making the list as a Heisman winner is a joke.  Especially with a guy like Teo so high.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Kind of odd to see LaVar at 9

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Is he eligible in fantasy football yet?