College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Who replaces Brady Hoke if he gets canned?

bucked up's picture
May 24, 2014 at 12:53am
64 Comments

The writing seems to be on the wall. Who takes over for him if he's gone within the next two years?

I don't see any way Harbaugh goes back to the college game, no matter what happens with him and the Niners. And I'm not sure Les Miles is allowed back. So I don't really have any ideas

Floyd Stahl's picture

Bring back RichRod!

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Bring Back Lloyd Carr

+2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Most michigan fans are cautiously optimistic that they can lure Bill Belichek to Ann Arbor

+7 HS
AngryWoody's picture

If Bama does well?

Our Honor Defend!

+12 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Haha, that'd be great.

+4 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

I wouldn't want to face Lane! Let's not forget he would have beat Bama had mount Cody not blocked 2 FG, he also improved the qb play greatly while at Tennessee and can recruit with the best of them! 

FloridaBuck's picture

I don't give a shit because we will crush them regardless. We have a winning record against those worthless bastards since the US won the Second World War.  However, I do hope they get rejected by their first 5 candidates like during their last hiring process. 

TheTeam16's picture

You obviously don't know how the last hire went down if you think UM got rejected by 5 candidates lol...because that is the furthest thing from the truth...

-10 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Hahahaha. So Richrod was your guys' first choice?  Lmao. I dunno, the names harbaugh and miles come to mind quickly as a couple of examples. Or are you talking about a coach named hoke with a losing record at ball state and a record at San diego state that was barely over 500?  I'm sorry that you're angry, I would be too if we got rejected and had to resort to that.  But, man those games in the early 1900s were badass.  

Oh, and thanks for the downvote.  I'll hit you back after we annihilate you in November. 

+12 HS
seafus26's picture

Lets not forget the Rutgers coach, Greg Schiono, that choose to keep "chopping wood," at Rutgers rather than take a step back and go to scUM. 

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

+5 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Read three and out if you want to know. I dont have time to rehash it on here. Short and skinny an offer was never made to miles or Schiano, and harbaugh wanted to go to the nfl. Read the book if you dont believe me.

stevebelliseeya's picture

Read a book about Michigan?

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+3 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Actually it is a book that proves the utter incompetency of the Michigan athletics department over the past...oh...10 years. Should be right your alley haha. Its pretty hysterical what went down...such idiots. 

+2 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

Yah I'm actually going to read it. I'm just a comedian who likes to start shit.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

You obviously don't know how the last hire went down if you think UM got rejected by 5 candidates lol...because that is the furthest thing from the truth...

I've always referred to him as Brady '5th choice' Hoke. I think it's actually true if I remember right.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Les Miles, Jim Harbaugh(John will be his DC), or John Gruden.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Sorry you misspelled  Jesus H. Christ......=)~

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
aboynamedtracy's picture

David Shaw, Gary Patterson or Rex Ryan.

+1 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+12 HS
buckeyecityterror's picture

'Stoops drives a minivan' Lmao. 

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

+5 HS
cinserious's picture

Mark it down. After Hoke shows complete incompetence yet another season, We see either Mattison or Nussmeier as the new HC. No worthy candidate currently outside the program will touch it and there's a reason Mattison and Nussmeier were brought in.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+6 HS
sharks's picture

Mattison is old, though. Nuss could be groomed. Worst case scenario for Ohio State is a Harbaugh.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
Crumb's picture

Which is why I want the Niners and Ravens to be successful every year despite the fact that I hate Baltimore...

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

-1 HS
seafus26's picture

I hope you're right. Have either been a head coach at a major program? It'd be hilarious to see scUM have to resort to that. 

Buck Commander's picture

Would like to see Mark May so the Buckeyes can shove some Bucknuts down his throat every year.

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

PHILLIP ENIS

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

Hovenaut's picture

Trick question.

There is no replacing Brady Hoke.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+8 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

I agree wholeheartedly. Any new HC is going to be hard-pressed to find a better promotional tool than Glazed Donut Games.

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Chuck Heater, Chip Kelly (if he has a total crap season in Philthy, like 6-10), or some up-and-coming D1AA coach nobody's heard of 

-2 HS
M Man's picture
+7 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Thanks for the evening entertainment - about choked on my curry laughing at this one.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
gumtape's picture

If Penn state can get a quality coach like James franklin with the shit that is going on there, Michigan should be able to hire a decent coach. The other question is do you also fire Dave Brandon? 

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+7 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The other question is legit.

Doesn't seem like Brandon is winning them over right now.

+3 HS
Nick's picture

If they get get over the circle jerk of getting a "michigan man" and not run good coaches out of town, then they can move forward. It is fun to watch their failure though.

Poison nuts's picture

To answer this question seriously, I think they would do everything they could to get Les Miles. After Urban Meyer came to OSU, Franklin to PSU & Dantonio crushing it at MSU, UM would want a monster hire. I suspect they'd go hard after Miles, forgive whatever problem they have with him & open the wallet. That said, I hope Brady stays another 50-100 years.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture

The problem was a byproduct of the rigidity of Bill Martin, backed by Mary Sue Coleman. Otherwise, Les Miles would be in AA, most likely.

seafus26's picture

I wouldn't mind them getting Miles. We live down here and you won't meet many Tiger fans that don't agree, they are winning in spite of Miles poor clock management, relations with players and personnel decisions.They are winning what they care with the immense amount of Louisiana and Texas talent that that football program and beautiful, unique campus can pull in. In Ann Arbor, he would be exposed for the overrated lug that he is without fertile recruiting grounds. I will give him this, the kids love him in the recruiting process down here. But these same kid's back ups in high school down here could out play the kids he'd have close access to in Canada, err michigan.

MichaelJ721984's picture

Jared Lorenzen. Hoke could just give him his scUM gear. 

+2 HS
East _ sideline's picture

Bret Bielema (assume this should be italicized).

Tried to be the next coming of Yale Van Dyne.

+6 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Bert Bielema

Double-fixed that for you.

+6 HS
East _ sideline's picture

Thanks!! I am technologically-challenged. :-)

Tried to be the next coming of Yale Van Dyne.

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Now is the time to sell your donut stocks in AA.

+1 HS
lamplighter's picture

I don't care, so long as the name is not Meyer, Tressel, or Dantonio

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

Narduzzi?

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

I truly think this will be their play if they decide to get rid of Hoke

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

He knows the recruiting grounds, knows to to beat State.  Would need to find a solid O coordinator, but it would be solid for them.  It's gonna cost them though Hoke has a 2MM buy out clause for the last two years of his contract which is up in 2016

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Jim Delaney might put up that 2MM if this season is not stellar for TSUN.

buckeyestu's picture

Jim Tressel. Lmao. Have a great memorial weekend Buckeye fans, a safe one too.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Mark Mangino.

Class of 2010.

+3 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Mangino is a helluva coach ... These PC sissys in today's university setting need to be  more tolerable of a guy like him, it's called "tough love", and it works. Look at the turnaround miracle he did with Kansas.

-3 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that barring some miracle 11-2, 12-1 season, that Hoke is cooked. Doesn't matter that Brandon has a man-crush on him, the alumni and boosters are fed up.

BassDropper's picture

The new Woody and Bo???

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Honestly, I hate to even think about it, but this could happen if the price is right.  The only hiccup would be what happens to Nuss...

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

hetuck's picture

Like I posted before, the odds of John Bacon writing "Three and Out ...Again" seem to be rising. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

+1 HS
Crumb's picture

I'd like to see them hire someone with NO ties to the Buckeye State. I'm not sure they know how to do that or could survive if they didn't.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

I think they go hard after a Harbaugh 1st, Miles 2nd.  After that, I think you have to go to the coordinator ranks.  Narduzzi makes sense-would be a Woody/Bo situation with those 2 schools and would be fun to watch.

Here's a name that may come up, much like it did this past offseason with a major program-Nick Saban.  He had some success at MSU, but would he see it as his career coming full circle, by coming back to the B1G?

Groveport Heisman's picture

Whoever it is one thing is for certain. And that is they will be half the man Hoke is. That much we can be assured.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
2002osubuck's picture

I wouldnt be surprised if they try and get like mark stoops from Kentucky. Then they can say they hired an eSECpn coach and hes done pretty well recruiting so far.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Plus they'd be making use of yet another Ohioan.

+1 HS
Eph97's picture

No way Miles leaves LSU for UM. He cherry picks best Southern talent. At UM he'd have to work much harder and he'd still get lesser talent. The  talent differential covers his shortcomings as a coach; he'd be exposed at UM.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This guy is on the short list

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I'm not sure this is appropriate. lol

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS